Director of Administration and Finance
- Job posted by The Fund for Public Health in New York City, Inc.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
As a member of the executive leadership team, the Director will provide strategic leadership and oversight for the finance, accounting, human resources and central office operations. They will work to enhance customer communication and coordinate across functions in order to meet grant and contract deadlines and targets set by FPHNYC’s customers or donors. Additionally, the Director will manage the budget, financial reporting, and forecasting for FPHNY and work with the Board on such. The Director will lead the accounting and human resources departments in their support of appropriate payroll, benefits and pension matters as well as oversee the general accounting functions.
- Direct supervision of the Assistant Director of Finance who supports the entire portfolio of FPHNY’s contracts.
- In collaboration with the Assistant Director of Grants and Contracts, oversee policies, procedures and workflows that ensure all grants and contracts are managed to successful completion, maintaining 100% compliance with applicable regulations and internal policies
- Direct supervision of Controller to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function. Report to Board and Executive Director on financial status of organization. Oversee financial, federal compliance, 403B and external audits.
- Direct supervision of Office Manager to ensure office is appropriately stocked and maintained and all grants purchases are made in a timely manner.
- Direct supervision of the Director of Human Resources and Organizational Development who is responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resources and organizational development functions at FPHNYC.
- Lead system innovation and continuous quality improvement (CQI) process from assessing and gathering system requirements to post-implementation training and development.
- Provide business continuity, backstopping the Deputy Director/Executive Director as necessary or required.
- Advanced degree or appropriate professional certification required.
- Minimum 10 years related work experience.
- Proven track record of excellent project management and financial management skills.
- Proven organizational leader with a keen eye for details; managing others to success; able to move tasks and projects across departmental structures
- Previous experience overseeing and partnering with the Human Resources function required.
- Strong interpersonal skills; diplomatic, strategic, customer oriented.
- Superb analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Ability to function as a team player coordinating input, direction, and expertise from multiple sources and across multiple technical areas.
- Experience in non-profit management highly preferred.
FPHNYC offers a comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience and salary history.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including how your experience relates to this position, to email@example.com indicating “Director of Administration and Finance_your name” in subject line.
Application deadline is October 5, 2018 at 5:00pm, ET
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.