1713 Fortview Road
DESCRIPTION: THN seeks to fill the full-time position of Data Coordinator. This position supports communities in the Texas Balance of State Continuum of Care’s (TX BoS CoC’s) programs. This position requires strong analytical, communication, planning and project management skills. Ability to work with stakeholders and carry out projects from conception to implementation are essential. Candidate must have a strong ability to research, distill and apply government regulations and evidence-based and innovative practices in the field and to analyze data. The ideal candidate will have a well–disciplined and organized approach to time management and task management and an ability to work well with other THN team members and community members. This position reports to the CoC Assistant Director of Data. This position is grant funded, and continued employment is contingent on future receipt of grant funds.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred, in public policy, public administration, social work, data analysis, program evaluation or related field, relevant work experience considered.
- Knowledge and experience using various software programs to process information and analyze data required.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel required.
- 3-5 years of related experience required.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to evaluate and measure program performance required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships across community, public and private sectorsrequired.
- Strong project management experience and ability to collaboratewith others to plan, implement and finish high-quality projectsrequired.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability train groups, to write complex documents, and to create and manage complex spreadsheets and reports required.
- Experience creating complex reports, infographics, spreadsheets and other required documents.
- Experience with Continuum of Care planning and management processes and familiarity with homelessness issues strongly preferred.
- Experience and proficiency with SPSS, HMIS and HUD’s Homelessness Data Exchange (HDX) strongly preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of HUD PIT (Point-In-Time) Count and HIC (Housing Inventory Count) and HUD SPMs (System PerformanceMeasures) strongly preferred.
- Experience in management of federal grants and project monitoring or equivalent combination of experience and training strongly preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Point-In-Time Count planning, coordination and implementation for the TX BoS CoC, including training, data collection and various reporting components including HDX.
- Conduct and submit the Housing Inventory Count in HDX.
- Maintain and update the Housing Inventory Count for the TX BoS CoC.
- Assist THN program staff with creation and implementation of HUD CoC Program and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Program project monitoring.
- Assist with and contribute to the CoC Application and support the Independent Review Team Process (IRT) for the CoC Program application process.
- Implement and maintain performance targets, reports and analyses for CoC System Wide Performance Measures.
- Work closely with the HMIS team on various data-related projects for the TX BoS CoC.
- Complete regular reports and analyses on Coordinated Entry, Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) providers, and other programs as requested such as ESG, RHY, PATH etc.
- Respond to research requests from staff and outside entities, as requested by CoC Assistant Director of Data.
- Must be available to travel up to 20 percent of the time.
- Must be available to work evenings & weekends at conferences and at training events, with advanced notice.
Benefits provided include health insurance, dental insurance, and a retirement plan.
Minimum Education Required