Details: Salary commensurate with experience
Position: Program Assistant (Education and Professional Development Team)
Reports To: Assistant Director for Professional Development
Overview: Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research (PRIM&R), is a nonprofit organization based in Boston, with a diverse membership of 4000 individuals from 52 countries. PRIM&R is dedicated to advancing the highest ethical standards in the conduct of research. Visit http://www.primr.org for more information.
Responsibilities: The Education and Professional Development team supports initiatives at PRIM&R that advance the professional skills of our members, including our certification programs, our online Knowledge Center, our Research Ethics Digest publication, and through the development of other workplace tools. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serving as point person for member inquiries regarding certification.
- Contributing to PRIM&R’s bimonthly Research Ethics Digest publication by preparing discussion guides for select articles and by managing the online self-study quiz.
- Managing PRIM&R’s research collaborations program.
- Providing support and meeting logistics for volunteer leadership groups. (This includes organizing conference calls and annual meetings; maintaining minutes; and serving as their liaison to the PRIM&R office.)
- Processing all professional credential recertification applications.
- Providing staffing support for PRIM&R’s annual conferences.
- Coordinating PRIM&R’s scholarship programs, designed to increase minority representation in the field.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills; demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy; ability to use independent judgment and problem solve; flexibility and ability to work on a team and in a collegial manner with diverse constituencies across the organization and externally; 1-2 years’ related experience in a fast-paced customer service and/or office environment; nonprofit work experience helpful, but not required; college degree preferred; some experience coordinating programs preferred; proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required; willingness and ability to learn survey and analytical software required.
PRIM&R offers a competitive, full benefits package (medical, dental, 401k, paid time off, paid holidays, flexible work schedule, summer flextime hours, professional development opportunities, commuter support, etc.). This is a full-time position.
This is not a remote position. The salary is commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org (Program Assistant in the subject heading). No phone calls, please.