Azul is a Latinx led and serving environmental justice organization focused on ocean stewardship. We are small, nimble, and extremely mighty. Founded in 2011, Azul has been instrumental in the CA plastic bag ban, shark fin ban, and in expanding access to the state’s coasts. Our work is rooted and guided by equity, social justice, and intersectionality. For more information, check out www.azul.org.
Azul is an independent operating project of the nonprofit umbrella organization, Multiplier, a nationally recognized nonprofit with a growing portfolio of innovative initiatives that conserve and protect a sustainable and resilient world (www.multiplier.org),and is headquartered in San Francisco. This position is ideally located in San Diego, with a flexible working arrangement of both remote and on-site work based upon business need (open to remote locations if in the same time zone).
Azul is a fast-growing non-profit organization looking to hire a Chief of Staff to join Azul. This newly created position presents an opportunity to work with an innovative dedicated team that is inspiring the Latino environmental culture to action in combating climate change and pollution and promoting clean and healthy communities. We are looking for a very experienced, creative, ambitious self-starter, who is goal-driven and seasoned in managing resources and projects. The Chief of Staff will be responsible for developing and guiding the implementation of critical mission-related projects and will serve as a strategic thought partner with the Executive Director in the planning and coordination of scientific and conservation-based strategies which support the mission and overarching priorities of Azul.
- 3 years of experience in campaigns (political, advocacy, etc) or as a community organizer
- Strong interpersonal skills, experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously
- Experience developing and managing projects, producing work plans with strategic goals/objectives and defined, measurable results strongly preferred with a proven track-record prioritizing and balancing assignments independently and achieving desired outcomes.
- Exceptional writing and content development skills with an ability to analyze and translate complex information into concise, tailored messages and stories utilizing a variety of communications platforms to reach multiple audiences.
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others, including local, state, and federal government agencies, non-profit organizations, businesses and corporations, academic institutions and universities, philanthropic organizations and potential funders, etc.
- Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating racial justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
- Other good experience: logistics, customs brokerage, supply chain management.
The Ideal Candidate
If you enjoy organizing your closets, making elaborate to-do lists, and are always the one in charge of game night, then this might be the position for you! (A sense of humor will also be helpful). The basic requirement for this position is someone that is detail-oriented, can juggle and prioritize multiple tasks, and thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment. The ideal candidate will also bring their own ideas and creativity to contribute to the development and execution of new programs. You are passionate about Latino community building and the critical role it can play in combating climate change.
Multiplier and Azul celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams and partnerships that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Multiplier and Azul are also committed to providing an environment of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment. Multiplier and Azul prohibit discrimination in its governance, programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from public assistance, or for any other non-merit based factor.
Azul is a Latinx led and serving environmental justice organization focused on ocean stewardship. We are small, nimble, and extremely mighty. Founded in 2011, Azul has been instrumental in the CA plastic bag ban, shark fin ban…
Salary and benefits:
Multiplier provides a comprehensive compensation package, including competitive salary ($71-75k), excellent medical and dental benefits, retirement savings, and generous vacation and sick leave policy.
Salary and benefits:
Multiplier provides a comprehensive compensation package, including competitive salary ($71-75k), excellent medical and dental benefits, retirement…
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Send us your résumé and cover letter to the email provided with “Azul Chief of Staff” in the subject line explaining why you are interested in this position. Please describe your relevant experience and qualifications. We respectfully request no follow-up calls or emails.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Send us your résumé and cover letter to the email provided with “Azul Chief of Staff” in the subject line explaining why…