District of Columbia
The Administrative Assistant’s primary responsibilities are to provide daily support to the organization’s President, assist with event planning and management, and perform other office administration functions as outlined below. The position offers growth opportunities leading to program management, including international travel.
Provide support to the ITIC President on a daily basis and to other staff as needed. Key aspects of administrative support include:
- Correspondence and email management
- Meeting scheduling, preparation and follow-up
- International travel planning: travel agency coordination, visas, and materials preparation
- Daily office assistance with documents, filing, etc.
- Occasional transcription of digital files (from dictation)
Perform general office tasks, with duties including:
- Database entry, updates and ongoing management
- Supplies inventory and ordering
- Vendor relations and invoicing
- Answering incoming calls
Provide program support for events throughout the year, including:
- Communications prior to semi-annual Board meetings, and post-meeting follow-up
- Logistical support for overseas conferences and seminars
- Arranging travel and logistics for ITIC senior advisors in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Middle East/North Africa
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree, administrative experience in a corporate or nonprofit setting and an interest in international affairs.
Computer skills and standard software proficiency are required (including Apple hardware, iCloud, and Microsoft Office), as are strong organizational and communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with senior executives and other stakeholders from foreign governments and international organizations. Applicants should be detail-oriented “self-starters” with a capacity for multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter by May 25 to email@example.com.