MADRE is an international women’s human rights organization that works towards a world in which all people enjoy the fullest range of individual and collective human rights; in which resources are shared equitably and sustainably; where women participate effectively in all aspects of society; and all people have a meaningful say in decisions that affect their lives.
MADRE seeks a highly motivated, dynamic, and organized candidate to fill the position of Grants Coordinator. The Grants Coordinator works as part of MADRE’s Grantmaking and Partnerships team to support the implementation of MADRE’s grantmaking strategy, managing grants and the flow of information with grantees and partners in the regions where we work. The Grants Coordinator will monitor and ensure compliance with internal protocols, manage and maintain the grants database and prepare narrative reports and data analytics. The Grants Coordinator reports to MADRE’s Director of Grantmaking and Partnerships.
● Work closely with the Grantmaking and Partnerships team to contribute to the implementation of the grantmaking strategy and priorities to fund current partners and new organizations.
● Implement the full annual grantmaking cycle, including reviewing funding requests and open call applications, performing due diligence, conducting risk assessments, producing grant documents, making grant payments, and analyzing final reporting.
● Guide MADRE’s response to emergencies, crises and rapid responses on an ongoing basis. Map organizations’ and MADRE’s emergency responses.
● Schedule, implement and manage grantmaking cycles and grant approval processes. Prepare grant dockets for approval.
● Communicate with grantees to follow up on receiving grant documents and financial information.
● Work closely with the Grantmaking and Partnerships team on special projects, including researching political landscapes in different regions that affect NGO law and payment options; planning grantmaking portfolios; engaging in strategic discussions and coordination of multi-year and exit grants; handling fiscal sponsorship relationships; troubleshooting grants.
● Develop, implement, and monitor effective grant tracking systems that are accessible to staff across teams.
● Train and coordinate the work of team members who work on grantee compliance, due diligence review, and grants administration.
● Develop and implement policies and procedures for MADRE’s grantmaking, ensuring compliance with federal and bilateral donor regulatory standards and grantmaking best practices.
● Update and maintain MADRE’s Grantmaking Manual.
● Keep abreast of international grantmaking, compliance, and banking regulations and best practices.
● Undertake research on emerging trends and grantmaking priorities as needed.
● Translate and/or facilitate translation of proposals and program-related materials received in Spanish.
● Manage and maintain MADRE’s grants database in Salesforce, including ensuring data integrity, consistency of data entry, and maintenance and revision of templates, fields, accounts, funding requests and coding.
● Receive ongoing technical training on increased functionality and changes to the system.
● Train and support program staff on how to use the database to track grants and program progress.
Financial Management and Budgets
● Create and improve systems to track the overall grantmaking budget and disbursements.
● Review payment submissions of all grants and ensure smooth payments by liaising with Financial and Program staff.
● Conduct quarterly budget to actual reconciliations with the Financial Department.
● Support grantmaking team with budget creation and monitoring of portfolios.
Learning and Evaluation
● Systematize learnings of MADRE’s grantmaking strategies to share across teams.
● Work on the systematization and analysis of final reports from partners and grantees.
● Generate reporting questions and record narrative data from grants in the database.
● Summarize progress, results, and lessons learned from grantees and partners in written documents, presentations or multimedia formats.
● Generate grant data and charts on MADRE’s grantmaking trends and best practices.
● Analyze data to show the outcomes and impact of our grantmaking strategy for internal and external communications.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required..
● Minimum of 3 years experience in grants administration, procedures, and grantmaking databases.
● Passionate about human rights, social justice issues, and the role of philanthropy in supporting local groups for social change.
● Fluency in Spanish is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
● Ability to manage communications tactfully and professionally with high attention to detail and accuracy.
● Must be an organized self-starter who can handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
● Must have strong written communication skills and possess the ability to write clear, structured, grammatically correct, articulate, and persuasive writing assignments.
● Knowledge of current developments/trends in area of expertise.
● Ability to determine informational needs, to collect and analyze information, and to devise and develop statistical analyses and reports.
● Database management skills.
● Experience providing support to grantee partners in difficult circumstances and completing compliance checks.
● Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment managing competing priorities and reprioritizing tasks as needed.
● Exceptional organizational and communications skills.
● Detailed knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and Google applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, Slides.
● Strong proficiency with data collection, review, analysis and reporting.
● Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with individuals with different personalities, and at different levels of seniority.
● Willingness to embrace critical feedback with a positive attitude.
MADRE is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices based on a person's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity, national origin, age, ability, and other status, and in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
MADRE is an international women’s human rights organization that works towards a world in which all people enjoy the fullest range of individual and collective human rights; in which resources are shared equitably and sustainably; where…
English - speak fluently
Spanish - speak fluently
English - speak fluently
Spanish - speak fluently
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com by May 30th. Please note applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 30th. Please note applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No…