Job Title: Human Resources & Administrative Officer
Duty Station: The Netherlands
Line Manager: Operations Support Manager
Full/Part-Time: Full Time
Scope of work
SWHF is a not for profit Organisation registered at the Amsterdam Chamber of Commerce. The Foundation aims to provide aid to communities and persons recovering from conflicts and disasters; provide support and orientation to refugees and communities in hosting countries; support justice and Human Rights efforts.
The Human Resources & Administrative Officer is responsible for facilitating new hires for the organisation, including screening, recruiting, interviewing, and placing employees, as well as providing administrative support, including inventory management, organising records, meeting scheduling, budget and office reporting, etc.
Tasks and Activities
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems;
- Provide counselling on HR policies and procedures according to the Dutch regulations;
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process;
- Create and implement effective orientation and onboarding for new employees;
- Develop training and development programs according to the needs and the general strategy of the organisation;
- Assist in performance management processes and grievance issues;
- Maintain employee records (attendance, data, etc.) according to policy and legal requirements;
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance;
- Coordinate with external HR consultants, outsourced payroll company, and technical stakeholders.
- Conduct administrative tasks including but not limited to office coordination, and management of the guest house, if applicable, and other facilities;
- Maintain the SWHF calendar and schedule appointments;
- Manage office supplies, security protocols and safe logs;
- Organise the filing system for important and confidential documents;
- Provide support to visiting staff including management of local hotel bookings in accordance with SWHF travel policies;
- Purchase goods and services for office in accordance with SWHF’s internal procurement policy, and external stakeholder rules and regulations;
- Control SWHF’s inventory of physical assets in the office including staff equipment;
Required Qualifications Education, Experience and Competencies.
- BA in business administration, psychology, social administration or relevant field;
- HR Credentials (e.g. accreditation from the HR Certification Institutes/universities);
- Proven experience as an HR officer or another HR position;
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.);
- Understanding of labour laws in the Netherlands and EU;
- Experience in the field of admin, procurement and logistics in an NGO/grant-funded environment;
- Outstanding organisational and time-management abilities;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Able to manage multiple activities and identify priorities, meet deadlines and solve problems with shifting and competing values in a complex environment;
- Cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills, and able to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff and stakeholders;
- Fluent in Dutch and English (Spoken and Written). Arabic is a plus;
- Ability to perform clerical work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Previous experience in working on HRIS software is highly desirable.
- High standards of confidentiality, reliability and discretion;
- Integrity by sharing the SWHF’s values and ethical standards.