The Director of Corporate Partnerships ensures that CWSP revenue goals are set and met by securing and retaining a diverse portfolio of participating companies. The Director will work in close collaboration with the CWSP team and Board, as well as Cristo Rey’s President, School Board of Directors, and Advancement team to leverage networks and secure new CWSP Partners while increasing engagement/retaining current CWSP Partners.
The program and revenue setbacks incurred during the COVID pandemic necessitate creativity, resilience and relentless hustle from the Director. The Director will grow CRSJ’s presence across Silicon Valley. The Director of Corporate Partnerships will be successful by meeting and exceeding revenue targets and integrating their work intentionally and strategically into CRSJ’s Academic, CWSP and Advancement/fundraising programs.
- Secure, retain and increase Corporate Work Study Program revenue through student work placements and alternate funding opportunities
- Lead CWSP revenue growth to generate 50%+ of the school’s annual operating revenue. Increase the number of work placements and sponsored job opportunities to ensure over 90% of CRSJ students are placed in revenue generating work placements.
- Manage the sales cycle with new and current CWSP Partner prospects by building a robust pipeline; leading the identification of new prospects; securing face-to-face meetings; selling the program by communicating the mission/business case; answering questions and overcoming objections; and ultimately closing and signing contracts or funding agreements
- Retain current work placements and CWSP Partners
- In close collaboration with the Executive Director, increase and sustain job retention to 90%+ through development and implementation of a robust and creative stewardship plan (events, outreach, social media, etc.)
- Collaborate closely with the Partner Development lead to ensure comprehensive approach to business development strategies
- Use Salesforce to organize and analyze sales and Partner-related data
- May directly supervise one or more other members of the sales team
- Build/foster long-term external relationships with key community and corporate decision makers (C-suite, executives, program liaisons, civic leaders, gatekeepers and foundations).
- Engage Board members, President, Executive Director of CWSP, Chancellor and Vice President of Advancement in securing and retaining top CWSP Partners.
- Report at meetings of the CRWS Board. Engage Board contacts to identify new CWSP prospects and CWSP-related revenue sources.
- Generate new strategies (in collaboration with the CWSP team) to explore alternate revenue streams that are mission aligned and sustainable.
- Provide messaging insights and sales strategy to inform the development of marketing materials.
- Partner with the Executive Director, Corporate Work Study Program to build the CWSP
- Ensure comprehensive strategies and metrics are in place to achieve desired revenue acquisition, growth and Partner retention (including but not limited to C-suite engagement, revenue forecasting and tracking, renewal/upsell targeting and closing, sales pipeline reporting)
- Leverage work of CWSP Relationship Managers with supervisors and students to ensure high job retention and expansion
- Appreciate and articulate the importance of the professional work experience to student success in high school, college and career and the importance of CWSP Partners’ reciprocal learning opportunities as they partner with our young professionals
- Collaborate with the Vice President for Advancement to secure corporate foundation grants, Rey of Hope sponsorships, corporate matching gifts and third party fundraising events.
- Provide Senior Leadership
- Work with the Executive Director and the President to provide staffing for the Corporate Work Study Board and the Board of Directors.
- Manage, grow and leverage the CWSP Jobs Working Group, a group of well-networked professionals who meet bi-weekly for half the year and work to secure job placements for students.
- Engage CRSJ community in attaining CWSP goals.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experienced professional with over 5 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated track record of innovative and persistent success in business development, sales or fundraising; additional marketing/communications experience a plus
- Demonstrated track record as an Influencer with an established and engaged network of Bay Area corporate and civic leaders and gatekeepers
- Strong desire to collaborate and think strategically in the shared mission of continuous quality improvement of the CWSP
- Self-starter who enjoys unique challenges and the ‘external work’ of building the CRSJ/CWSP brand in the community and with new audiences
- Excellent relationship-builder; able to integrate into new networks and communities with poise and purpose
- Alignment with the Jesuit Catholic education and CRSJ’s mission and commitment to social justice, antiracism and cultural humility
- Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills; embraces a balance of persistent grit and tact
- Ability to analyze and utilize data to improve individual and organizational performance; experience with Salesforce or similar CRMs
- Willingness and desire to continue pushing for Partner engagement to benefit CRSJ students in the face of skepticism and objections
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team that requires humility, integrity, quick learning, tolerance of ambiguity, passion, sense of humor and openness to feedback
- Undergraduate degree required, Master’s Degree or other advanced degree preferred