LOCAL INITIATIVES SUPPORT CORPORATION
POSITION TITLE: Program Officer – Compliance
REPORTS TO: Senior Program Officer, AmeriCorps
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt/ Full Time
LOCATION: New York City
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
Equip talent in under invested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 38 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $20 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize under invested communities. These investments have leveraged more than $50 billion in development activity and helped families and communities raise their standards of living. LISC investments impact the lives of nearly 7 million Americans.
Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 31 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco. Our rural programs make an impact in 44 states, and are supported by LISC’s talented and dedicated workforce. Visit us at www.lisc.org
The Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC), is seeking a Program Officer – Compliance to join the AmeriCorps team in LISC’s national office. This is a full-time position based in New York City.
For over twenty years, the LISC AmeriCorps Program has provided non-profit partners, mainly community-based organizations, with the human capital needed to expand their services or pilot new ones. LISC AmeriCorps members are placed with non-profit partners in the geographic footprint of local LISC offices across the country. The program helps identify and nurture future leaders by exposing program participants from diverse backgrounds to new opportunities in the field of community development. AmeriCorps Members help to foster volunteerism and civic engagement by encouraging neighbors to take active roles in helping to transform the communities in which they live. The program combines service to the community with meaningful, hands-on work experience, training, and leadership development.
Principal areas of responsibility will include:
· Act as the compliance officer and personnel record manager of member enrollment, exit, program consultant contracting, and National Service Criminal History Check documentation and associated policies required by grant provisions that meet Federal and internal LISC standards;
· Perform compliance monitoring, including an annual audit, to assess risks and program vulnerabilities and discuss proactive resolution with the AmeriCorps team;
· Manage the departments’ on-line timekeeping and monthly reporting interface including verification of data integrity and reliability and reporting to CNCS via the bi-annual Grantee Progress Report;
· Provide technical and human resource assistance to local LISC operating site administrators through a defined on-boarding/ monitoring process including compliance, performance measures, reporting, member benefits, and grant administration;
· Work as part of the team to implement the program design including the national leadership conference, local on-boarding, national training agenda;
· Support program on data management and usage to tell the story of the LISC AmeriCorps program in support of national service policy education efforts, external evaluation, and other grant related functions; and
· Perform other duties as directed by the Sr. Program Officer which are allowable under the grant and are not Federal prohibited activities.
The successful candidate must have:
· Master’s degree from an accredited college or university required; graduate level education in the areas of business, planning, public administration, law, or other areas that complement LISC’s work preferred
· Prior government grant compliance and monitoring experience is required
· 3-5 years of experience in community development, community organizing, and/or other field work in diverse urban environments with experience in program development/management with a proven track record of implementation success
· The capacity to work on multiple tasks and projects with attention to detail, prioritize a challenging workload, being well organized and dependable, being positive and solution-oriented
· Good problem-solving skills with a willingness to be flexible and proactive in a fast-paced and challenging work environment
· A pro-active self-starter with the ability to work equally well independently and as part of a team
· Flexibility and poise in dealing with a diverse range of individuals and organizations
· Excellent writing and verbal communication skills are essential; exceptional skills in Word and Excel are a must. Knowledge of PowerPoint and social media skills are desirable
· Familiarity with national service is desired
LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Please send cover letter and resume by email to:
Sr. Program Officer, AmeriCorps
Local Initiative Support Corporation
501 7th Ave
New York, NY 10018
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Minimum Education Required