Manager of Customer Support, Sustainable Westchester, Inc.
Sustainable Westchester, a nonprofit consortium of Westchester member municipalities, is dedicated to bringing financially, socially and environmentally sound and equitable solutions to its members and their residents and small businesses.
Currently we are seeking a self-starter, highly organized, flexible professional to join our team as the Manager of Customer Support. Customer support is integral to the success of the organization and its mission. This role is critical in creating, representing and stewarding the positive perception and reputation of the organization to the overall Westchester community. The Manager of Customer Support is on the front line in servicing our member municipalities and their residents, ensuring compliance with State and organization requirements related to these interactions as well as informing and educating the public and aiding the efforts of each of our Program Directors to acquire and retain customer enrollment.
The Manager of Customer Support is responsible for coordinating and providing support to all programs of Sustainable Westchester, Inc. (SW). The Manager of Customer Support reports to the Director of Marketing, Communications and Outreach.
- The role is primarily focused on “inside” customer support (incoming customer inquiries, reactive and proactive communication and education, as well as phone, email and data systems management).
- Secondarily the role includes “outside” customer support (as a function of outreach/communication/marketing and education) working in conjunction and coordination with the Manager of Organization Outreach.
- Work with and train customer service and outreach coordinator or associates, interns, temp employees as available/appropriate.
The Manager of Customer Support is responsible for ensuring exceptional customer support for the organization and each of its programs.
- Responsible for managing all inside customer support activity, and providing direct Tier 1 / Tier 2 customer support for all programs.
- Direct more in-depth Tier 3 customer inquiries, complaints, or needs to the appropriate Program Teams.
- Liaison with suppliers and customer service platform vendors as required to resolve customer service issues.
- Manage phone, email inquiries and web form inquiries on a timely basis from all program customers ensuring complete resolution of questions and/or issues.
- Interface with Program Directors on customer service protocol, provide targeted support, recommendations and best practices when needed.
- Master and utilize all the customer service platforms for customer follow-up and assistance.
- Process customer transactions, liaison with Program Directors and suppliers (for customer facing issues and communications) and manage customer support for all programs.
- Customer support interaction with all programs will be at a Tier 1 or 2 level. In depth program interaction will be directed (via customer support manager) to the specific program
- Phone system support for incoming program calls, fielding, troubleshooting and directing calls to appropriate stakeholders
- First point of contact for info@ email address
- Primary contact for website Sustainable Westchester Community Mailing list signups.
- Maintaining the accuracy and optimization of the Sustainable Westchester Community calendar [Burbio technology powered]
Management of digital assets, systems support
- Maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the Customer Relationship Management System (currently, CiviCRM) to include updating municipal official information, recording customer contact and case information & correspondence, organization data entry, reviewing and updating data (Groups and Tags) and input to the Program teams to ensure the accuracy of their data input and updates.
- Working with CiviCRM service provider to ensure ongoing updates, adherence to best practices and optimizing the overall functionality of the CiviCRM system.
- Assist with on/off boarding of staff in relation to customer support facing credentials for CiviCRM and program customer platforms or portals [via on/off boarding form process]
- Maintain files and records related to the above
- Provide inputs to development of customer facing data systems -- Coordinate with customer facing data systems and system services companies and suppliers, assist with development, configuration of system related only to customer support and training of staff (as it relates to program interaction with customer support)
Communications & Outreach
- Initiate email blasts (programmatic and events) as requested by Program Directors and Marketing & Communications
- Create and monitor registration links for virtual events (via CIVI and other event invite platforms) as requested Marketing & Communications
- Monitor and assist in website updates and maintenance in relation to the customer experience.
- Support outside outreach efforts -- printing, tabling, creating grab & go kits (working as with Outreach Manager). Participate in virtual or live outreach activities as necessary (to assist with outside events in coordination with Outreach Manager)
- Maintain a level of overview review of website content, execute “task” outreach specific changes and work with the Director of Marketing to field website changes via Vascar, our web support company.
Professional Expectations & Development
- Develop effective timelines and tactics; execute and track success
- Manage and nurture relationships with key stakeholders, vendors, suppliers, partners and coworkers
- Take part in training and growth opportunities as requested
- Develop and report on customer satisfaction metrics
- Execute & assess ongoing municipality client satisfaction measurement (survey)
- Develop a working knowledge and fluency with all of the Sustainable Westchester’s programs and initiatives
- Remain current on technologies utilized by our organization to ensure both best practices and security
- Rigorous adherence to organization data and cybersecurity policies and procedures, including personal devices where used for work purposes
- Regular “in office” hours 9-5 Monday through Friday. Occasional local travel, evening and weekend hours will be required.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in similar or related role
- High level of proficiency with software/web-based communication platforms including: Microsoft Office Suite, Data Management, CRM systems, Project Management software
- Experience managing others including third-party vendors, other employees or volunteers
- Licensed and insured driver with consistent access to reliable transportation
- Access to a personal smartphone with most up to date operating system and updates
- Connection to and familiarity with Westchester County
Personal Skills & Attributes:
- Self-starter, high energy level, organized with a high attention to detail
- Ability to multitask under pressure and meet goals on a tight schedule
- Exceptional communications skills - written and verbal
- Demonstrate a flexible, collaborative team player attitude and willingness to “roll-up your sleeves” to help where and when needed
- Familiarity with or interest in sustainability, energy or environmental issues is a plus
- Spanish fluency or strong Spanish conversational skills a plus
This is an opportunity to utilize your skills to help create a healthier, more resilient and sustainable Westchester County.
Compensation: commensurate with experience.
Benefits include 401k, health insurance, optional flex spending plan, life insurance, optional dental/vision, vacation, sick/PTO days, Holidays.
Sustainable Westchester is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for this position without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To apply: please send your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources department