The Education Consultant is a part time position responsible for supporting the day to day management of four sites; and driving the achievement of the overarching educational goals of the Early Childhood Education Program at La Peninsula. Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Supervise the Educational component of La Peninsula’s ECE program.
- Manage Education Directors in the implementation of their duties as
- it relates to the education program.
- Conduct a thorough assessment of the current educational program
- and provide goals for improvement in the FY21 school year.
- Ensure that educational program standards comply and are in alignment with NYS Office of Head Start (ELOF) and NYC DOE standards.
- Review School Readiness Goals and update as needed.
- Support the recruitment, hiring and evaluation process of educational
- staff for all sites.
- Support the Disability Coordinator in the management of Special
- Organize and monitor the professional development portfolios of all education staff.
- Train and/or facilitate staff professional development monthly.
- Coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve work performance.
- Work closely with Education Directors to organize budget planning.
- Establish relationships with education vendors, schools and partners.
- Support and participate in annual Self-Assessment process.
- Attend DOE, Head Start Council and other meetings as assigned.
- Stay abreast of current educational trends, assessments, software,
- and curriculums.
- Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Education Administration, Curriculum Development or similar degree program with equivalent credits.
- Teacher’s Certification (Birth to 2nd Grade) required
- 3+ years of supervisory and management experience in Early
- 5+ years of Early Childhood lead teaching experience
- Demonstrated understanding of Early Childhood Education, child
- development and developmentally appropriate practice.
- Knowledge of the challenges and strengths of high-risk/ historically
- disadvantaged populations.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as an effective member
- of the Administrative team.
- Ability to work with and engage families regarding educational
- outcomes and expectations.
- Ability to pass a physical exam every two years and a TB test yearly.
- Must have strong communication, organizational, problem-solving
- and time management skills.
- Must be able to travel to meetings.
- Ability to pass requisite clearances.
- Bilingual preferred
- Education Consulting will report directly to the Deputy Director and look to them for guidance regarding questions or concerns. Please keep in mind that the job description above is a guideline of responsibilities and does not list all duties expected of the position.
La Peninsula Community Organization Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PLEASE NOTE: Section 424-A of the New York Social Services Law requires an
authorized agency to inquire whether a
candidate for employment with child-
caring responsibilities has been the subject of a child abuse and