390 Plandome Road
Description: Tuesday’s Children seeks an outgoing coordinator who will become an integral part of the Communications & Programs Teams. Assist with the planning & implementation of national military events, communications, marketing and outreach. Maintain social media presence, updates to website, department database, files and materials. Perform department administrative functions. The Outreach Coordinator will report to the Senior Manager of Communications in our Manhasset, NY office.
· Work with the Senior Director of Mentoring to plan, promote and recruit mentors for National mentoring program, including mentor screenings and community engagement events.
· Develop strategies for the promotion of mentoring program, including identifying target audiences and the most effective methods of reaching them.
· Post materials for recruitment of Gold Star families in the tristate area such as emailing our SOS contacts when we have family engagement events, collect RSVPs and staff family engagement events.
· Conduct outreach to local residents and partners about Tuesday’s Children’s community programs in including through social media, e-newsletters, articles in the local papers, events, and information sessions.
· Support Senior Communications Manager to develop publicity materials and write press releases and other promotional copy, draft electronic communications, including emails, fact sheets and posts for various social media platforms.
· Coordinate, develop, write and deliver emails, newsletter and web content, PowerPoint presentations and other documents. Serve as a reviewer and support copy editing of other written materials.
· Attend Communications Team, Program Team and other meetings as assigned, take notes and provide updates that facilitate coordination among the teams.
· Track mentoring and family engagement metrics in Raiser’s Edge database.
· Maintain databases of community and outreach partners contacts.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining strong attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
• Working knowledge of databases and/or donor management software is preferred.
• Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
• Sound judgment, professionalism and a positive attitude.
• Resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem-solving skills.
· Graphic design skills and knowledge of Adobe Design Suite a plus.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Lisa Oosterom, Tuesday’s Children: Sara@tuesdayschildren.org.
Tuesday's Children fosters community among families and provides programs and services designed to help them move forward in their lives. Tuesday's Children has garnered the families' trust while gaining an intimate understanding of the problems and realities in the days, months and years after a tragedy. Armed with this knowledge, we are able to address the unique challenges families and children face at every stage of their lives.
Tuesday's Children, has spent the last 15 years working with more than 10,000 individuals impacted by the Tuesday, September 11, 2001 tragedy, including more than 1,500 families who lost a loved one, approximately 2,000 children who lost a parent, more than 1,300 families of 9/11 responders, and approximately 200 Military Families of post-‐9/11 military operations.
The organization is embarking on an ambitious nationwide expansion of services to Military Families of the Fallen. The Mentoring program, a cornerstone of our family engagement work, is critical to the success of this expansion and much needed within the Military Families of the Fallen community. The plan includes growth in targeted military markets and an extension of our family programming including the Career Resource Center, Heart to Heart, Creative Insight and Helping Heals.
Benefits include Healthcare, Flex 125 Cafeteria Plan, Professional Development Opportunities, Direct Deposit, and Disability.
Minimum Education Required