Details: nonprofit rate with excellent benefits
408 C St. NE
Sojourners seeks an Executive Assistant with a heart for social justice and a vocational calling to provide excellent executive-level scheduling and events management support to Sojourners’ President, Jim Wallis.
Position Function: Under the direction of the President’s Office Director, the Executive Assistant coordinates the schedule and activities of the President’s office and manages the President’s speaking events.
- Manage all aspects of the President’s full and complex schedule, providing context as needed to assist in discerning priorities among the many opportunities received.
- Prepare briefing materials for external and internal meetings as needed.
- Represent the President in making initial contacts, responding to invitations, and arranging meetings as requested; provide appropriate follow-up to meetings involving the President.
- Screen telephone calls, correspondence, and emails to the President; assist with the preparation of letters and other communications from the President.
- Manage response to incoming speaking event inquiries, including developing opportunities as appropriate with hosts, negotiating details of speaking contracts, managing logistics and choreography of scheduled events, creating/editing Sojourners’ event publicity, convening meetings as required to review pending requests, and assisting with decision-making on speaking invitations.
- Coordinate and integrate opportunities at speaking events with Advocacy, Mobilizing, Communications, and Advancement Teams to maximize opportunities.
- Invoice event hosts for event-related expenses and keep track of event receivables, including honoraria; complete expense forms related to the company credit cards that belong to the President.
- Book all travel arrangements for President and his traveling staff.
- Assist Research Assistant to the President with preparation of briefing materials for President prior to scheduled events.
- Manage all correspondence and arrangements for Sojourners’ visitor program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least one year’s experience in a similar administrative position.
- Executive-level scheduling experience for a public figure, including speaking events development and management.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and attention to detail; excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment, discernment, and confidentiality as required, and to respond to a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Vocational interest in an executive support position; commitment to the mission and vision of Sojourners and an understanding of its place in the Christian church world.
Excellent benefits package includes fully paid health insurance, 20 days paid vacation, 401(k) Plan, and a positive, faith-based work environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Executive Assistant Search, Sojourners, 408 C St. NE, Washington, DC 20002. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Sojourners is an equal opportunity employer that continually seeks to diversify its staff. Persons of color are highly encouraged to apply.