Details: Excel provides a competitive compensation package that includes benefits and is commensurate with experience.
401 Bremen Street
Organization: Excel Academy Charter Schools
Job Title: Special Projects Manager
Campus/Location: Excel Academy High School
Reports to: Head of School
Excel Academy Charter Schools is a growing network of high-performing, no-excuses charter schools in Boston dedicated to closing the achievement gap in the Boston area. The network currently operates three middle schools in East Boston and Chelsea and will be launching its first high school in fall 2015. For 6 years in a row, Excel 8th graders have been the top-performers of all 460 Massachusetts public school districts on the MCAS exams. The high school will build upon Excel Academy’s track record of success, providing a free college-preparatory high school option for all Excel middle school graduates.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Special Projects Manager will report directly to the Head of School (HOS) and will support the HOS on a day-to-day basis across a broad range of functional areas of responsibility, with a particular emphasis on school-wide operations. Through this work, the Special Projects Manager will gain deep exposure to the complexities of operating a high school. This position provides a unique opportunity for an individual with superior critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills to play a central role in supporting the advancement of the high school’s priorities.
Roles and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Project management: Manage a wide range of projects (e.g. supporting planning of first high school graduation and senior year activities, operational systems, student and staff surveys, etc.);
- External communication: Facilitate communication with external constituents (e.g. schedule meetings with parents, perform outreach with external providers/community members, etc.);
- Staff culture: Support the HOS in ensuring a positive staff culture (e.g. planning staff appreciation-related initiatives);
- Administrative support: Provide a range of administrative support (e.g. scheduling meetings, reviewing and researching educational policy, etc.);
- Student interaction: Interact regularly with students (e.g. manage student groups, , provide coverage on a daily basis, etc.); and
- Other: Any additional responsibilities identified by the HOS.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher;
- At least two years of experience in an urban public district or charter high school preferred, but not required;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Systematic and structured approach to project management with a demonstrated ability to carry out multiple high-priority projects in parallel;
- Excellent computer skills especially related to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of constituents including students, parents, colleagues and community members;
- Detailed-oriented nature;
- Project management experience preferred;
- Spanish Fluency Preferred;
- Belief that every student should be held to the highest academic and behavioral expectations;
- Understanding that a structured environment is essential for learning; and
- Openness to change, willingness to problem-solve, and interest in developing new ideas & programs.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit http://www.excelacademy.org/join-our-team/ to learn more about working at Excel, and/or visit http://jobs.jobvite.com/excel to view a current list of career opportunities and submit an application. Applications will be reviewed as they are received; candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Excel Academy Charter Schools do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, ancestry, athletic performance, special need, proficiency in the English language or a foreign language or prior academic achievement.