Bilingual Program Specialist
50 Union Avenue
PART-TIME (25 hours/wk)
Responsible for assisting with the planning and execution of activities related to the Partnership's Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention program.
- Provide lead poisoning prevention education throughout 8 northern New Jersey counties: Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Sussex, Union, and Warren.
- Schedule and prepare for workshops and educational presentations.
- Assist with coordinating educational campaigns for Lead Poisoning Prevention Coalitions.
- Distribute mass mailings promoting the program among schools and community-based organizations.
- Distribute lead-related Consumer Product Safety Commission updates to coalition members.
- Attend state task force meetings and regional lead poisoning prevention coalition meetings.
- Perform administrative tasks at Coalition meetings (meeting minutes, assist with set-up, etc.).
- Distribute lead prevention resources and incentives at health fairs and parent workshops.
- Handle other assignments as requested.
- Bachelor degree in Public Health, Environmental Health or a related field preferred.
- High school graduate required.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) required
- Two years experience in public health or community health education.
- Experience working with diverse populations; public speaking skills.
- Computer proficiencyy in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Medical Insurance Plan w/Employer-Paid Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Dental Insurance Plan
- Vision Insurance Plan
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance Plan
- Long-term Disability / AD&D Insurance Plan
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Flexible Work Schedules
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual (Spanish/English) required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Marielle Natera, MPH
Director of Community Programs
Partnership for Maternal and Child Health of Northern New Jersey
50 Union Avenue
Irvington, NJ 07111
Submissions without a cover letter and/or salary requirement will not be considered. We thank you for your interest in working for The Partnership. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.