About the Job:
The Executive Assistant and Office Manager assists the CEO, supports the organization’s development (fundraising and marketing) efforts, and manages the administrative and logistical operations of the US office. The ideal candidate is flexible, patient, organized, and detail-oriented, with strong internal communications skills and a passion for eliminating poverty.
CEO Assistance – 50%
· Schedule, manage logistics and prepare meeting materials, presentations, and agendas for the CEO and Board Chair
· Manage and communicate the CEO’s schedule and travel
· Schedule, manage logistics and prepare materials for board and board committee meetings (Finance, Governance/HR, Operations, and Development committees)
· Attend board and board committee meetings to take minutes
· Support planning and outreach for conference attendance and communications with partners
· Track and record CEO meetings with key partners and funders in Salesforce
· Other duties as assigned
Development Administration – 30%
· Support Director of Development and Communications and Senior Director of Institutional Giving with administrative and logistical support as needed
· Process all incoming gifts: collect checks from mail daily; process donations weekly (checks and Classy) or monthly (credit cards); process matching gifts, generate and send donation receipts weekly; manage personal thank you notes to specific donors and send with receipts
· Manage administration of donor communication mailings throughout the year, including end of year appeals, donor reports, campaign mailings, event invitations, etc.
· Maintain Salesforce database with accurate donor and gift information. Conduct research and maintain data quality of organizations and organization contacts with direction from Senior Director of Institutional Giving and Associate Director of Institutional Partnerships
· Run monthly and quarterly reports from Salesforce for development department and board development committee
· In conjunction with Development Manager, assist in development of marketing strategies/marketing initiatives
· Manage vendor relationships/prospecting for various development-related platforms and tools
· Manage the planning and execution of donor events and activities in conjunction with Development Manager
· Research conferences and speaking opportunities with direction from Senior Director of Institutional Giving and Associate Director of Institutional Partnerships
· Assist with planning and coordination of donor Vision Trips
· Coordinate logistics for East African staff fundraising visits to US
· Other duties as assigned
Office Management – 20%
· Complete routine office admin tasks: answer phones and manage phone system, collect mail, supply and organize office materials
· Maintain inventory of office equipment and hardware; fix and troubleshoot (with assistance from volunteers) as needed
· Keep office space, furniture, and storage space organized, redesign or reorganize as needed
· Maintain organization systems, including Google Suite, Wrike, and Box. Work with Systems Design Manager to request improvements to systems
· Initiate and develop agenda for regular staff meeting calls, initiate other field operations calls as needed
· Manage info@ email account daily, respond and forward messages as appropriate
· Be aware of colleagues’ schedules and communicate this when needed
· Coordinate group meetings/presentations for interns, volunteers, visitors, etc.
· Coordinate staff and fellow travel to East Africa and key meetings
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for an Executive Assistant and Office Manager who is a positive, detail-oriented, and engaged member of Village Enterprise’s US team. This person will enjoy taking a leadership position in coordinating the operations of the US office, contributing to the development team through fundraising and administrative support, and communicating regularly with Village Enterprise board members and stakeholders. We are looking for someone who is interested in the administrative side of nonprofit management, but is deeply committed to our mission of ending extreme poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through our application portal at this link: https://villageenterprise.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=22. Your cover letter should explain why your experience and background make you the ideal candidate for this position, and should be no more than one page.
Note: Please do not contact Village Enterprise to enquire as to the status of your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.