The Institute for Social Policy and Understanding (ISPU) is seeking a driven, experienced and passionate fundraising professional to lead our Development and Fundraising efforts. This is a unique opportunity for a talented individual to join a dynamic and dedicated team united around a compelling vision: An America where Muslims are strong and equal participants. And, we believe that rigorous research in the right hands will help us get there. Totally unique it its field, ISPU has built up a strong reputation as the go to resource for and about American Muslims. Our work educates the general public and enables advocates, policy makers, journalists, educators and more to do their work smarter and more effectively. Please visit www.ispu.org to learn more.
Having experienced steady growth over the past few years, the right candidate will be stepping into a healthy, impactful, and well-regarded organization primed for growth. With its exceptional staff of 9 and a current budget of $1.7 million, this is an excellent opportunity for a driven, passionate individual to help take ISPU to the next level. The right candidate will be a strategic thinker who is also willing and able to manage the details without missing a beat.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
The Director of Development is responsible for leading and implementing strategy, planning, organizing, and directing ISPU’s fundraising including annual fund campaigns, individual donor cultivation and stewardship, and special events. The Director will also have the opportunity to build up planned giving, corporate giving, endowment and other giving strategies. The Director will have one direct report and will direct strategic participation of key staff and board in development activities. As a member of the management team, the Director will be involved in strategic planning, evaluation, and professional development initiatives.
Candidates will be considered from across the United States. DC and Michigan candidates would have access to office space.
The Director of Development will have at least 5-7 years of professional experience, characterized by a proven track record of management in a growing $1 million to $5 million organization. ISPU is poised for growth, and its next Director of Development is an experienced results-oriented self-starter who can hit the ground running and lead our organization to the next level of fundraising performance. Additionally, skills and experience will include:
● Experience developing, implementing and managing fundraising systems for nonprofits. Demonstrated experience utilizing technology to improve systems and efficiencies. Experience with ASANA and/or Neon preferred.
● Successful experience working with private philanthropy with individuals, including raising significant individual gifts and growing a pipeline of major donors from prospecting to solicitation. Experience in foundation and corporate giving a plus.
● BA in Nonprofit Management, Business, Management, Finance or related degree. MA preferred.
● CFRE or CFRM or equivalent experience.
● Data driven decision maker, able to assess ROI of various channels, troubleshoot and implement solutions to increase fundraising effectiveness and efficiency.
● Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
● Proven effectiveness leading professionals in development and fundraising.
● Good knowledge and experience using donor software to organize, manage and evaluate fundraising goal setting, tracking and reporting.
● Flexible and a self-starter; able to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented. Able to work effectively and efficiently as remote worker.
● Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to ISPU’s mission.
● Experience working collaboratively and collegially with a diverse group of individuals and communities.
The Institute for Social Policy and Understanding (ISPU) is seeking a driven, experienced and passionate fundraising professional to lead our Development and Fundraising efforts. This…
ISPU is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate in hiring decision based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, and genetic information.
• Employer Provided Health Insurance
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• 3 Weeks Paid Vacation (up to 5 weeks with 5+years of service)
• 12 Days Paid Office Holidays
• Professional Development Opportunities
ISPU is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate in hiring decision based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, and genetic information…