Details: Commensurate with experience.
234 East 22nd Street
The Epiphany School Foundation is committed to enriching the spiritual and educational experience of every child enrolled at The Epiphany School. The Foundation raises funds to meet its goal of creating a diverse community of
individuals who are spiritually, intellectually, morally and ethically engaged in the world around them, all while learning to contribute to society in meaningful ways. The Foundation provides funding for tuition assistance, enhanced curricular programs, professional development for the teaching staff and cutting-edge technology for all grade levels.
Founded in 1888, The Epiphany School was established to provide the highest quality education to the school-age children of the Epiphany Parish. Today, The School educates over 550 students, grades Toddler 2 – 8.
The Director of Development for The Epiphany School Foundation will serve the Board of Trustees and the Epiphany School 's constituencies by organizing and/or supporting the fundraising initiatives and special events to generate the maximum support for The Epiphany School. The Foundation provides outreach to the school's parents, alumni, and friends and organizes or supports special fundraising events and alumni programming. In its publications, The Foundation Office communicates the mission and values of the school, as well as news of programs, events and constituents. The Director of Development will lead a small development team consisting of one full-time Development Coordinator and one part-time Business Manager.
- Leading all fundraising initiatives including the design and management of the Annual Fund
- Developing and coordinating research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major donors to the school
- Overseeing the planning, coordination, and execution of special events, benefit auctions, and donor-recognition events
- Researching foundation opportunities and drafting and submitting proposals
- Overseeing internal and external communications and marketing initiatives including social media, print, electronic, web, and other media
- Working with Event Chairs and volunteers to involve parents in development functions
- Overseeing alumni relations and events
- Overseeing production of the Annual Report and quarterly issues of the school e-newsletter, Connections, and other publications from The Foundation Office
- Managing new technology and aspects of the school website to communicate with and steward donors, and to electronically keep the school’s various constituencies informed about Foundation Office initiatives
- Managing the budget of the Foundation Office
- Supervising the advancement Foundation staff in their roles
- Developing, supporting, and leading professional staff and volunteers to carry out the activities of the office
- Working with the Chair of the Board of Trustees to develop strategies to initiate and meet aggressive fundraising goals
- Developing and executing fundraising training for staff, trustees and other leadership
· BA/BS required
· Five to seven years of fundraising experience; communications and alumni development experience highly preferred
· Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
· Experience with Blackbaud Donor Management Software
· Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work both independently and within a team-oriented environment
· Ability to be highly organized, balance priorities, and willingness to take initiative
· Ability to act professionally with highly involved volunteers and Board Members and handle confidential and sensitive information with appropriate sensitivity
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Experience in writing donor letters and grant proposals
· Ability to have a flexible schedule and be available for occasional evening and weekend events and activities
Familiarity with E-tapestry, TADS and Wordpress strongly preferred. Experience working in a school setting strongly preferred.
Health and Dental Insurance available.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and the names of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.