Safe Horizon is the nation’s leading nonprofit victim assistance, advocacy and violence prevention program. Safe Horizon’s Child Advocacy Centers (CAC), play a critical, front-line role in responding to child sexual abuse and severe physical abuse by providing a coordinated and collaborative approach to the investigation of such cases, while ensuring that victims receive immediate, effective support. In each Child Advocacy Center, Safe Horizon partners with the New York Police Department, the Administration for Children’s Services, the local District Attorney and local medical providers (currently from Brooklyn Hospital Center, Cohen’s Children’s Hospital and Columbia University Hospital), to ensure that an expert response begins as soon as a child victim steps through the door. At the Safe Horizon CACs in Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, and Manhattan a team of child protective caseworkers, police detectives, pediatricians, prosecutors and Safe Horizon staff work together in a child-friendly setting to conduct joint forensic interviews and provide expert evaluation and therapeutic services, in order to improve the quality of child abuse investigations, prosecutions and outcomes and minimize further trauma to child victims and their families.
- Overseeing the answering and directing telephone calls, faxes and mail directed to the person or department;
- Ensuring that the client reception area is supervised at all times;
- Acts as liaison with MDT partners for purchasing supplies, processing paperwork;
- Supervising the Program Assistant/Volunteers and Interns providing reception area coverage
- Ensuring that reception staff link all families to the appropriate CAC service providers;
- Collecting basic client intake information;
- Assisting in straightening up the playroom at the end of every day;
- Overseeing the Centers’ administrative duties including assisting with report preparation, supply ordering, petty cash reconciliation, NCAtrak data input, processing payment requests;
- Scheduling and coordinating internal and external meetings;
- Participating in weekly supervision, staff meetings and required trainings;
- Other program related duties as necessary
Education, Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Proficient with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook);
- B.A. preferred or equivalent combination of college course work and professional experience; Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required. Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred.
- Strong customer service, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated success prioritizing multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and follow through on commitments
- Good organizational skills; detail-oriented and able to keep complete and accurate records
- Ability to ensure integrity of information and workflow processes
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Minimum Education Required