Details: Depending on Experience, Competitive
26425 NE Allen St, Ste 203
We are an internationally recognized non-profit leading the way in transformational and educational experiences designed to deepen the connection with the wilds of nature and human communities. This fun down-to-earth all ages nature school is looking for a full-time Assistant Youth Program Director to join our team. Our ideal candidate is both detail oriented and highly relational. They can balance the ability to navigate complex conversations, help people feel truly heard, and be able to coordinate the schedule of 60+ summer staff.
This job is for you if you:
- Are inspired by our mission
- Love kids and working with adults who mentor kids
- Thrive in leadership roles and complex challenges
- Are a highly relational and effective communicator
- Prefer a variable work schedule with seasonal flows (some weekends and long days)
- Are able to multi-task and manage a variety of details, programs and people
- Have a positive attitude and are able to roll with a dynamic and creative organization
- Care about equity and diversity
- Enjoy working in a progressive, relational, nature loving, community oriented team of
dedicated and talented individuals
Youth Programs at WAS:
Summer Camps for 1900 kids ages 4-18 and school year programs for 300 kids ages 4-18. Deep nature connection and healthy people connection is our mission. Seasonality: Year round with peak times throughout. Busiest time of the year is May – Sept as WAS is humming with activity during those months. Some weekends and long days required.
1.) Primary responsibility for overseeing youth summer camps
2.) Secondary responsibility for supporting school year youth programs
3.) Bring passion and skill for equity and diversity work to staff, students, and programs.
- Salary based on experience; competitive
Applications due by May 31, 2018.
Targeted start date is June 17, 2018.
(We have some flexibility with a strong desire for new AYPD to be present at Summer Staff Training Week June 17-23 and Art of Mentoring July 1-7.)
Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- 5 weeks paid time off
- Discounted or free Wilderness Awareness programs and professional training
- Monthly stipend to purchase health insurance
- 3% salary retirement plan match
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
See website above for more detailed job description and employment application.
Mail or Email a complete application packet including:
1. Employment Application
2. Cover letter to Michael Prince, Youth Program Director
Wilderness Awareness School
POB 219, PMB 137
Duvall, WA 98019