GatherDC’s Community Coordinator will help hundreds of Jewish 20s and 30s who are new or new(ish) to the DC-area connect to Jewish opportunities, build lasting friendships, and discover meaningful Jewish identities.
We are looking for a personable, enthusiastic individual who is early in their career and excited to join an innovative grassroots Jewish nonprofit organization. This position comes with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
- TITLE: Community Coordinator
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, August 1 @ 11:59pm EST
- SALARY: $45k - $52k
- LOCATION: Washington, DC
- START DATE: ASAP!
Frequently cited statistics show that historical biases in hiring lead to less applications from women and underrepresented groups unless they have 100% of the qualifications. GatherDC is committed to removing bias in hiring; as such, we encourage you to break that statistic and apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications! We look forward to your application.
WHO WE ARE
GatherDC is the central platform for post-college/pre-family Jewish life across the DC-area and is building one of the most dynamic and inclusive cities for millennial and Gen Z Jewish life. We strengthen the fabric of Jewish life throughout the DMV, facilitating innovative opportunities for meaningful and relevant Jewish learning and stewarding relationships to help Jews in their 20s and 30s connect to Jewish organizations and to each other. We work with the rich network of Jewish communal synagogues, JCCs, and organizations to help them best serve young Jewish adults, and we champion relationship-based engagement, understanding that a thriving Jewish ecosystem is only as strong as the relationships we build with individuals and with the wider community.
WHO YOU ARE
The Community Coordinator will work closely with the GatherDC engagement team to help connect thousands of Jewish 20s and 30s to their people and place in Jewish DC. You will be an integral player in welcoming, concierging, and connecting new community members to the area, and you will spend your days identifying new ways to help young adults in their 20s connect with Jewish life in the region and facilitating the building of more meaningful Jewish identities. You likely have a year or two of professional experience, but are in the early stages of your career and are excited to take on a growth role at a dynamic organization with substantial opportunity to try new things and flex creatively and professionally.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Manage GatherDC’s New-to-DC Initiatives 50%
- Maintain a 1:1 engagement portfolio; Conduct extensive coffee convos with all new-to-DC Jews as well as 20s; Serve as the main engagement touch point for these community members
- Take the lead on New(ish) & Jewish initiatives, engaging hundreds of young adults when they arrive in the area. This includes strategy, implementation, follow-up, reporting, and evaluation.
- Act as key liaison to feeder institutions (e.g. universities, Hillels) to ensure a smooth pipeline to post-college DC Jewish life.
- Serve as primary contact for local partner organizations.
- Bring fresh ideas, new insights, and creativity to everything we do.
Immerse yourself in DC Jewish community 30%
- Organize monthly happy hours in DC for 150-300 young people in diverse and exciting local venues across the city (it’s okay, we’re still on Zoom for now!).
- Stay tapped into Jewish DC institutions, organizations, Jewish professionals, and social media to remain up to date on all Jewish happenings in the DMV.
- Serve as a GatherDC representative within the community in various communal spaces.
- Keep the pulse on community needs, shifting community dynamics, and ways that GatherDC can continue to serve the community .
General office tasks 20%
- Work with team members to bring innovative projects to life.
- Maintain regular personal data entry to track, evaluate, and evolve engagement efforts with personal New-to-DC and 20s portfolios.
- Champion GatherDC’s tech systems (Salesforce, FormAssembly, Cirrus) among the team and work with our Salesforce consultants to continue evolving and deepening our Salesforce system and tools.
- Support the GatherDC team with experience support, data management, and tech questions.
- Update website and blog content, including our online calendar.
- Execute office tasks as needed, including logistical preparation for your events, sending life cycle gifts to community members, etc.
- You have 1 to 3 years of professional experience.
- You’re self-motivated, working equally well independently and as part of a team.
- You’re a self-described people person and believe in the power of community.
- You have Salesforce (or equivalent CRM) proficiency. (Preferred)
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You’re a savvy connector. You are able to build and maintain strong relationships with both peers and colleagues. You are able to bring genuine energy and enthusiasm to your interactions and relationships and are able to propel dynamic conversations to connect with anyone you meet.
- You’re a nimble learner. You may not know everything, but you're able to learn what you need when you need it. You're able to learn and understand things quickly and easily, using both successes and failures as learning experiences. When faced with a challenge that calls for doing a task a different way, you dive in and try different ways until you land on the perfect solution.
- You’re a creative thinker. You’re great at thinking outside of the box and are able to not only conceptualize new ideas that don’t yet exist, but understand the steps that need to happen to bring them to life.
- You “get” the GatherDC approach. GatherDC prioritizes people over programs and understands that cultivating genuine one-on-one relationships is the key to building connection, community, and meaning-making. You’re able to shift your paradigm to our people-first philosophy and let that guide every aspect of your work.
- You’re an independent self-starter. You are able to ideate and take action with minimal direction, and are highly motivated by successfully achieving your objectives. You’re comfortable with sitting in discomfort while you work through problems, and you’re able to move past roadblocks or difficulties to find alternative solutions to reach your goals.
PLEASE APPLY IF
- You like making new friends.
- You enjoy change and creativity.
- You are an awesome human being.
BENEFITS & SALARY
- We offer a competitive salary ranging from $45,000 - $52,000, commensurate with experience.
- We are fully set up for remote work to accommodate Covid-19 safety and concerns, but we are excited to have you join us full-time at the GatherDC townhouse in Dupont Circle as it becomes safe to do so.
- We provide amazing benefits, including robust employer-sponsored healthcare options, generous discretionary and sick leave, retirement matching, an annual professional development stipend, and more.
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish organizations. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, Sephardi and Mizrachi Jews, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.
Apply here by August 1st. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.