Details: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
335 Adams Street
Achievement First is looking for a enthusiastic and collaborative partner with a problem-solving attitude to lead the support, implementation, training and ongoing refinement of our digital learning and technology integration work across our network of schools.
Responsibilities of the Digital Learning Associate will include but are not limited to:
- Partner with other school-facing network teams to provide in-network consultations to our schools as needed for support and solutions to emerging needs
- Partner closely with the Director of Digital Learning to coordinate strategies and implications for technology infrastructure, hardware, and software in schools.
- Focus on project management, and sustainability planning
- Provide software documentation and training materials to Digital Learning Liasions who support software at the school level
- Develop and manage technical systems to connect Digital Learning software and hardware to our network and schools
- Manage partnerships with education technology vendors to ensure that systems requirements are implemented as expected and escalating technical issues for timely resolution
- Engaging with teachers and students to solicit feedback on digital learning software and technology hardware.
- Establishing and implementing digital learning systems and best practices
Skills and Characteristics
The ideal candidate meets most of the criteria below and is eager to learn and develop in all of them.
- Understanding of educational technology and digital learning approaches
- Knowledge of Google Chrome and Chromebook operations
- Strong problem solver who can effectively diagnosing each problem so that the right resources can be brought to bear
- Strong project management
- Ability to provide strong communication and vision
- Able to develop and manage toward long-term strategy, while executing on short-term needs
- A determined leader willing to do “whatever it takes”
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed
- Background in SIS and data management
- Calmly handles ambiguity and is resourceful in pursuit of outcomes
- Belief in the Achievement First mission and educational model
- Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a competitive college or university, Master’s degree preferred though not required
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading efforts to integrate technology into classroom teaching
- Experience with educational technology and digital learning models/applications, demonstrating a strong track record of program development and integration
- At least 2 years of experience in classroom teaching and management, preferably involving technology and blended learning models.
Achievement First offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Complete this application form to submit both a cover letter and resume: https://goo.gl/6NbnZH Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
In your cover letter please describe your overall interest in the position and how your professional and/or academic background make you a good fit.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling-basis until the position is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Achievement First is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus. You can learn more about diversity at Achievement First here: http://www.achievementfirst.org/about-us/diversity/.