1333 Pine Street, Ste. E
Contra Costa AFL-CIO Labor Council Political Organizer
The Political Organizer is a key member of the Labor Council team with primary responsibility for member-to-member and community outreach and engagement in political and policy campaigns to build power for working families and bring about positive social change in Contra Costa County.
· Identify, engage, and mobilize local unions, worker organizations and leaders for Labor Council and coalition programs and campaigns.
· Develop strong relationships with labor, elected, and community leaders
· Assist in the development and coordination of political programs designed to support the goals of the Labor Council, affiliates and community coalitions
· Promote message, activities and services through various forms of media.
· Identify, recruit, train, supervise and schedule paid campaign staff, volunteer workers and leaders.
· Maintain a database of community organizations, leaders and volunteers
· Prepare a weekly work plan and regular progress reports
· Represent the Labor Council and Coalitions to affiliated unions, elected officials, businesses, community groups
· Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· One to two years political or community organizing campaign experience, as volunteer or staff
· Commitment to the labor, social and economic justice movements
· Ability to work with diverse religious, racial, and ethnic communities
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, email, internet and basic social media skills.
· Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus.
· THIS IS NOT A NINE-TO-FIVE JOB. Ability to attend weekend and evening meetings and events.
· Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
· Must possess a valid California driver’s license, an automobile, and maintain automobile insurance at a level required by the employer,
· Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Political Science, Communications, or a relevant academic degree preferred and/or equivalent life experience/community involvement.
Salary competitive and DOE. Benefits include health care with dental & vision. 401(K). Paid sick and vacation days.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: mail or e-mail a cover letter, detailed resume and the name, address, and phone number of three references to Margaret Hanlon-Gradie, Contra Costa AFL-CIO Labor Council, 1333 Pine Street, Ste. E, Martinez, CA 94553. email@example.com. Email inquiries okay. No phone calls please. Apply by March 9.