Refugee Women’s Alliance (ReWA) is a nationally recognized multiethnic nonprofit organization that provides award-winning services to refugee and immigrant women and their families in King and Snohomish Counties.
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS/PAY: Nonexempt Regular Full-Time (37.5 hours/week)
Provides administrative and clerical support to the Executive Director to ensure the timely completion of daily, short term and long term administrative responsibilities and to facilitate and enhance the Executive Director’s role externally and internally. This position is responsible for working closely with Program Directors and the Development staff to coordinate ED’s activities.
*Manage the Executive Director’ calendar and schedule appointments and respond to inquiries in his or her absence.
*Responsible for composing, typing, reviewing, and distributing professional correspondence, including routine matters (letters, notes, meeting minutes and other written products) and non-routine matters (speeches and other special needs).
*Compile and prepare monthly reports (oral, written and/or spreadsheet formats)
*Coordinate teleconferences, department meetings, and travel arrangement
*Assist in project management.
*Take, prepare, and distribute meeting minutes for monthly managers meeting and monthly Board of Directors meeting.
*Conduct special projects for the Executive Director.
*Coordinate Board and Management Team meetings and retreats as well as staff meetings.
*Expedite interactions and coordinates communication between the Executive Director and others.
*Develop and maintain a highly organized filing system for correspondence and other records. Create and maintain files; process documents to maintain and update files and records.
*Screen Executive Director’s incoming calls, email and other correspondence and respond independently as directed.
*Develop, recommend, and implement effective office procedures and processes to ensure the effective flow of work, data, and information.
*Assist Executive Director in streamlining and finding efficiencies in regularly occurring Executive Office systems and procedures.
*Organize executive level events and meetings for the Executive Director by arranging facilities and caterers, issuing information or invitations.
*Maintain confidentiality of all agency and personnel matters and a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
*Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, or related fields.
- 2 years experience in executive support that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of this job.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook), excellent typing, telephone, and business communication skills (i.e. formatting business letters).
- Must have excellent communication skills, including demonstrated skills composing, organizing and presenting information in professional written, oral and spreadsheet formats.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and effective decision-making skills to accomplish goals and creatively problem-solve issues.
- Ability to handle discreet, confidential information.
- Ability to operate all office equipment; expertise with Windows based software, data management programs, spreadsheets and presentational software programs.
- Excellent skills gathering, managing, and interpreting data.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills; superb attention to detail.
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Respect for others’ experiences, opinions, language, values, and culture.
- Knowledge of refugee and immigrant communities.
- Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, and maintain confidentiality
- Commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Must be able to attend occasional evening and Saturday meetings.
- Valid Drivers License.
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance, vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, 403(b) plan
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Minimum Education Required