Generation Teach is committed to ending educational inequity. We partner with districts to offer diverse college and college-bound students teaching experiences and a pathway into the teaching profession while providing summer learning programs for middle-school students and leadership residencies for professional teachers. We launched in Denver, CO in 2014, expanded into Massachusetts in 2015, and opened in Rhode Island in 2017.
The Finance & Operations Associate will work closely with the Director of Finance & Administration to support the recruitment, onboarding, payment, and support of 300 seasonal employees and fellows; a national team of 8 employees; and vendors and consultants. The position requires excellent attention to detail, communication, planning, relationship-building, and follow-up skills. The Finance & Operations Associate will assist the Director of Finance & Administration in managing contracts, planning events, ordering supplies, managing systems, and completing financial and regulatory reporting requirements. As a remote employee of a national team, the Finance & Operations Associate will contribute to team initiatives and travel 4-6 weeks/year. This position offers considerable professional development and growth opportunities.
- Perform all bookkeeping functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, payroll preparation and monthly closing entries.
- Assist Director of Finance & Administration with other duties and projects as assigned.
- Manage summer supply ordering, tracking and inventory for 7-week summer programs in 4 cities - including students’ books and instructional supplies.
- Support program launches in each city, completing on-site tasks ranging from tracking fingerprinting to scheduling students in our online student information system.
- Collect and analyze data to inform program improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in accounting and knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong experience working with Microsoft Excel
- Passion for Generation Teach’s mission
- Willingness to work effectively on a remote team and efficiently manage systems
The salary range for this position is $30K-35K with excellent benefits, including health, dental, and vision benefits; flexible location; remote work; paid time off; professional development and technology stipends; and 401K matching program after first year.
Generation Teach is an equal opportunity employer and makes a particular effort to recruit candidates from the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications from people of color.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested in this position and how your experiences prepare you to support finance and operations. A member of our team will respond to you within a week.