Prevention, Education & Outreach Manager
Full-Time 40 hours/week), Exempt; Management Compensation: DOE
Location: YWCA Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA 95112 Website:www.ywca-sv.org
Local Applicants Only
Department: Support Services Department
Join a passionate, dynamic team dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. For over 100 years, YWCA Silicon Valley has provided programs and services that form a critical continuum of response, healing,and prevention. Be a key part of shaping this future as our new Prevention, Education & Outreach Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Support Services, the Prevention,Education & Outreach Manager oversees all sexual assault, domestic violence and human trafficking community education,outreach,training and prevention services. The Manager is responsible for the successful implementation of the YWCA prevention,community education, professional training and outreach programs, including but not limited to business operations, staff supervision for team of 6, servite delivery and grant-reporting.
• Lead a team of 6 in delivering innovative Prevention, Community Education & Outreach programming to meet community needs on issues of sexual assault, domestic violence and human trafficking.
• Oversee successful delivery of child sexual abuse prevention programming within 20+ elementary, middle school and high schools throughout Santa Clara County.
• Create and maintain strong,win-win partnerships with local school districts, higher education institutions and other community partners critical to the successful delivery of community education and outreach services.
• Assist in securing funding,reporting and complying with all funding agreements, applicable legislation and regulations, as it relates to the operation of the Education and Outreach programs.
• As a member of the YWCA Management Team, the Manager participates in program planning/design, individual/leadership development, goal setting,community engagement and problem solving.
Essential to this role is a demonstrated understanding of the tenants of sexual violence and domestic violence prevention theory, current research and evidence-based programs; You must have an understanding offeminism and a strong commitment to social & racial justice. We are seeking a self-aware, highly organized self-starter deeply committed to leading a team from a strengths-based, social justice and anti-oppression framework.
The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills to deliver crisp messaging to small groups and large gatherings; public speaking and classroom management skills. Prior management or program experience is required. Prior experience in creating and delivering curriculum in an informal or formal educational setting required. Bilingual,bi-cultural and bi-literate skills are highly preferred but not required.
Work hours are primarily Monday through Friday, including some evenings. Frequent local travel (multiple trips in one day); occasional overnight travel (5%). Working on-site at schools, colleges and universities, juvenile detention centers and other community ba·sed organizations. Delivery of service may include overtime to accomplish task at hand. Work includes lifting up to 30 pounds.
Required: Cleared background check (fingerprinting), valid TB test, valid California driver's license, 3 -years driving experience, reliable transportation and auto insurance. Must have completed or be willing to complete 65hr-trained California State Sexual Assault Counselor certifications. (Training will be provided).
TO APPLY: Submit Resume & Cover Letter with "Education & Outreach Manager" in subject line. First deadline for submission of resumes: May 30,2018
Thank you for your interest in employment with the YWCA. We may be unable to respond to every individual submission due to a high volume of applicants. Please do not telephone. The YWCA Silicon Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required