Major responsibility is to oversee all aspects of the School-Age Child Care program (SACC) including insuring all aspects of contracts and licenses associated with EEC and DCF are met and maintained.
BGCB is offering a $1,000 Sign-on Bonus! - Terms apply
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a range of developmentally appropriate programs and activities for 6-12 year-olds. Programming can include, but is not limited to, academic enrichment activities, homework assistance, and athletic and recreational activities. Ensure programming is varied and appropriate for the school year and summer programs.
- Ensure compliance with state standards to successfully receive and maintain required licenses.
- Maintain full enrollment; recruit new participants as necessary.
- Conduct intake interviews with new participants and families.
- Assess and collect fees in a timely manner; manage all aspects of budget management and billing.
- Complete all required paperwork (BGCB and licensing agencies) in a timely manner.
- Maintain current and complete files on all participants in accordance with EEC, DCF and Child Care Choices guidelines.
- Implement SACC program according to EEC, DCF, Child Care Choices standards and guidelines as well as within the content of BGCB''s proposal submitted to and accepted by all licensing entities.
- Coordinate all aspects of transportation and ensure safety of participants during travel.
- Monitor the arrival and departure of SACC participants throughout the building as well as following up on unexpected/unexplained absences.
- Facilitate weekly staff meetings to discuss administrative and programmatic issues.
- Consult with the Social Worker regarding educational/social service plans for supportive care children; report on challenges or concerns, attend pre-placement conference for supportive care children when appropriate.
- Orient, train and supervise department staff; ensure staff meet at EEC hours of training/professional development required each year.
- Secure, maintain and monitor budget, materials, equipment and other resources belonging to the program area(s). Maintain a safe and clean program area(s).
- Participate in individual and group supervision sessions; participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Travel between sites and to activities as needed
- Other related duties as specified by the Executive Director or his/her designee.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demand
- Bachelor''s Degree required.
- Direct experience developing and delivering developmentally appropriate programs and activities for children ages 6-12; experience in school-age programs and/or out-of-school-time settings preferred.
- Minimum one year supervisory experience.
- Must be or become CPR / FA certified.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- MS Office and web competency preferred.
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work clubhouse hours especially as seasons and service needs change.
- Valid driver's license required and 7D license required or obtained within six months of hire.
** Please note that you have navigated away from our careers page, to continue to review current opportunities please close this tab. **