Details: Salary: $42,000-$48,000 DOE
85 Merrimac Street
Boston CASA recruits, trains and supervises volunteers from the community who are appointed as a child's guardian ad litem (GAL). The focus of these volunteers is to protect and promote the "Best Interest" of children who have been abused or neglected and are court involved. Boston CASA is designed to ensure that the needs of children in foster care are met and to aid the court in making decisions that are difficult and will impact the lives of children and their families forever. Please visit our website at www.bostoncasa.org to learn more about the organization.
The Volunteer Recruitment & Retention Coordinator has the primary responsibility to undertake community outreach to identify and recruit volunteers with a focus on increasing the diversity Boston CASA’s volunteer base; intake and maintain volunteer information in the program database; organize volunteer recognition programs and special events; collaborate in the coordination and delivery of volunteer communications; and support resource development, including marketing and communications. This position will report to the Assistant Director.
Coordination of CASA Volunteer Recruitment
- Coordinate CASA volunteer recruitment and outreach activities in partnership with staff, board, volunteers and current and potential community partner entities to identify a diverse and qualified volunteer pool that meets the strategic needs of Boston CASA.
- Support the CASA volunteer intake process in collaboration with staff, including organizing and conducting information sessions, processing applications, scheduling screening interviews, coordinating background checks, and communicating with potential volunteers.
- Work in partnership with the Program staff to ensure smooth transition of recruits to pre-service and in-service training classes.
Maintenance of volunteer records
- Monitor and maintain up-to-date volunteer information in CASA Manager (database).
- Maintain volunteer background checks promoting best practices and ensuring national, state and local compliance.
Coordination of volunteer opportunities and events
- Under the direction of the Program Manager, assist in coordinating the training of volunteers and scheduling and supporting information sessions
- Work with the Assistant Director and program staff to design, promote and maintain a range of volunteer opportunities within the Organization, including maintaining volunteer job descriptions for the various non-CASA volunteer roles
- Collaborate with Boston CASA Development staff to support communication initiatives
- Organize the annual volunteer recognition event and special events for volunteers
- Create and distribute various communications and publications, including the monthly newsletter and other information and opportunities for volunteers
- Support the development and coordination of a volunteer speaker bureau.
- Support the development, measurement and ongoing evaluation of volunteer recruitment efforts to ensure success and continual improvement
- Manage volunteer evaluations and exit interview process
- Establish and maintain effective, collegial working relationships with Boston CASA staff, board and volunteers, as well as with representatives of the larger Boston community in support of volunteer recruitment, engagement and retention
- Other duties as assigned; non-essential job duties, non-related responsibilities and other tasks as required by the Executive Director and Organization may be assigned from time to time – Boston CASA is a small non-profit organization requiring flexibility from its staff.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Flexibility with hours, including frequent evenings and some weekends, with an ability to communicate effectively with Assistant Director and other Boston CASA staff regarding workload and schedule
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in marketing and communications and/or social-service related field preferred
- 2 years (or more) of experience in the fields of social service and/or community outreach and engagement
- Strong working knowledge of Boston’s communities of color and the strengths and challenges to improve and grow volunteer engagement in the Greater Boston Area
- Must complete Boston CASA pre-service Training
- Must pass a comprehensive background check
- Strong written communication skills, including editing skills
- Excellent oral communication skills, including the ability to present to diverse audiences under various circumstances
- Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook programs and comfort learning and utilizing new software programs
- Demonstrated respect of all people regardless of socioeconomic background, culture, religion, sexual orientation, disability or gender expression and experience working with culturally diverse populations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise diplomacy and discretion in communication with others
- Spanish-English bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply
- Candidates should be prepared to provide a writing sample upon request
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and three references in one PDF file via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Volunteer Recruitment and Retention Coordinator Open Position” in the subject line. Please, no phone calls or site visits. This position will remain open until filled; complete applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Boston CASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity within its staff, Board, and Volunteers.