Details: Commensurate with experience.
One Bulfinch Place
The full-time (non-exempt) Executive Assistant will primarily support the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), as well as support the Board of Directors under the direction of the CEO. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: managing the CEO’s calendar, meeting and travel needs, logistical planning for all board and all board committee meetings and events (which will require active coordination with senior team members); taking meeting minutes; assisting with the development of presentation materials, including handouts and PowerPoint presentations; drafting correspondence; reimbursement requests; and other administrative duties as required.
- Provides primary and forward thinking administrative support for CEO.
- Provides administrative support for Board of Directors under the direction of the CEO.
- Responsible for all logistical planning for all board and several board committee meetings and Board related events, including scheduling meetings, securing space, communicating meeting information/agendas, confirming attendee.
- Attends all board and board committee meetings in which CEO is a member, takes and distributes minutes.
- Creates, updates and distributes all agendas and materials for board members, board meetings, board committee meetings, and staff meetings.
- Creates presentations (Power Point) as needed.
- Under the direction of the CEO, Drafts correspondence and communication to board members, donors, volunteers, staff members and others
- Coordinates and assembles quarterly board packet information working with CEO to determine timeline and working with staff to ensure timely preparation of content.
- Distributes Board packets electronically or via mail to Board member participants
- Assists the CEO in the role of primary gatekeeper of communication to board members, board committees, key donors and volunteers, and various other key individuals.
- Composes and/or prepares routine correspondence including letters, agendas, etc.
- Helps to coordinate and organize senior team meetings (individuals and groups).
- Manages and confirms appointments for the CEO (internal and external) via proper follow-up procedures, including coordinating schedules, confirming appointments, and ensuring all participants have required information prior to appointment.
- Screens CEO's incoming calls and correspondence and responds independently or directs to others in the Foundation to respond.
- Responsible for all CEO and Board member travel planning while on Make-A-Wish Massachusetts and Rhode Island business including air and ground transportation, hotel and conference reservations.
- Responsible for working with communications team to ensure proper review by CEO of external and internal foundation communications
- Updates and maintains internal organizational chart and board roster for internal use and for use by Make-A-Wish America.
- Performs administrative duties as required, including copying, scanning, faxing, mailing, invoice/expense processing, and filing.
- Other duties as assigned by CEO.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional tone, appearance, and demeanor.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and constituents, including board members, donors, volunteers, corporate sponsors, Wish families, etc.
- Ability to work independently and with forethought of organizational needs, and without supervision while demonstrating discretion and independent judgment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Proficient with computer applications – including Microsoft Office Suite, and specific skills, e.g., mail merge, spreadsheets, database use, developing presentations, and the ability to learn and master other computer technology /software programs, as needed.
- Solid command of Internet usage and research abilities.
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge preferred, or similar type of database(s).
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ administrative experience required.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with close-knit team dynamics.
- Skills in other languages helpful.
Excellent work environment and health benefits; generous vacation and holidays; 403(b) contributions after one year.
Level of Language Proficiency
Helpful to have proficiency in other languages, but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
Executive Assistant to the CEO Search Committee
Make-A-Wish Massachusetts and Rhode Island
One Bulfinch Place, 2nd Floor
Boston, MA 02114
617-367-1059 fax | email@example.com