Details: $20,000 plus benefits
Are you an organized, task-oriented person looking to make a difference in the fight for reproductive justice? Are you an empathetic and outgoing recruiter with a passion for non-profit work? Do you thrive in a self-starting, flexible work environment? If so, we have an excellent opportunity for you!
Clinic Access Support Network, a grassroots network of volunteers who provide transportation, lodging, and emotional support to patients seeking abortion care in Houston, Texas, is looking to hire its very first part-time employee. We need a reliable, independent worker who can train volunteers, organize outreach events, and stay on top of administrative tasks. Our volunteers are dedicated supporters of abortion access, and we need you to strengthen and build that team!
This is a part-time, non-exempt, salaried position. Work hours are approximately 20–25 hours per week, but can vary based on our events calendar. Approximately 50–75% of the work is time/location flexible and can be done remotely. Local commuting is required for this role, with infrequent national travel (1–3 times per year).
- Coordinate and execute interviews, reference checks, and training events for new volunteers.
- Create, plan, and execute events to engage current/potential volunteers.
- Organize fundraising events and research grant opportunities.
- Manage organizational email and bookkeeping.
- Maintain relationships with local clinics and partner reproductive rights organizations.
- Complete other operational tasks as needed.
- Must live in Houston or the greater Houston area and be familiar with the region.
- Must have access to reliable, flexible transportation.
- Spanish language knowledge strongly preferred.
- Education or experience with reproductive rights, health care, or non-profits preferred.
- Work history demonstrating success at responsibilities listed above.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
We are committed to investing in the leadership of people who have had abortions and/or who have received help from abortion support organizations, people of color, low-income people, immigrant people, Native people, formerly incarcerated people, queer, and trans people. We do not discourage or discriminate against people with convictions.
Salary $20,000 annually plus benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be proficient in English. Spanish knowledge is strongly preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send the following documents in *three separate PDF files* to firstname.lastname@example.org
- References (three professional and three character, to be contacted only after interviewing. Please make sure your character references are prepared to discuss your views on abortion.)
- A brief cover letter describing your personal experiences with abortion and reproductive justice
Please put *Operations Coordinator, Your Preferred Name* in the subject line and include your preferred name and pronouns in the email.