The Shefa School is a Jewish community day school in Manhattan, serving students in grades 1-8 who benefit from a specialized educational environment in order to develop their strengths while addressing their learning challenges. We specifically serve students with language-based learning disabilities who have not yet reached their potential levels of success in traditional classroom settings. Shefa is a pluralistic community school, serving families across the range of Jewish involvement and observance.
About the Position:
The Shefa School is seeking a full-time Business Office Associate to support all aspects of the school’s business office. The Business Office Associate will collaborate closely with the Chief Financial Officer to assist in the day-to-day operations of the school.
· Prepare financial statements and analyses as required by the CFO for presentations to the Head of School and/or other parties
· Assist in the maintenance of the school’s financial management system (QuickBooks)
· Collaborate on annual financial audit and IRS Form 990
· Perform annual giving and capital campaign reconciliations
· Support the CFO in the development and management of the annual budget to ensure that the school meets its financial goals
· Act as liaison with FACTS Management and with enrolled families regarding tuition
· Aid in student billing and monitor accounts receivable and compliance with payment plans
· Complete surveys and outside requests for information
· Provide timely and effective communication with parents, staff and external stakeholders
· Assist in the oversight of building maintenance
· Complete other miscellaneous tasks as assigned in support of the Business Office and school operations
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
· Proficiency with QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong attention to detail and superior organizational skills
We seek candidates who demonstrate flexibility and comfort with risk-taking and ambiguity. We seek candidates who thrive in collaborative environments, who are reflective and committed to growth, and who have strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience
Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Shefa School is a Jewish community day school in Manhattan, serving students in grades 1-8 who benefit from a specialized educational environment in order to develop their strengths while addressing their learning…