Full Time Temporary
Details: This is a full-time, temporary position (ending in November 2018). Salary is commensurate with experience.
Full-time, Temporary position (Now - November 2018)
Location: New York City, Washington DC, or Oakland, CA
Extensive Travel Required -- including but not limited to NC, GA, CA, FL, MI, NV, OK, MO and MD
Field Operations Coordinators ensure that Color Of Change PAC events are well-run with smooth logistics that allow organizers to focus on building relationships, coaching volunteers, and enabling voter contact. Coordinators are also expected to do whatever is needed to support campaign operations, including managing event budgets and filing expense reports and timesheets. This positions reports to the Deputy Field Director for your region.
Creating a first-class experience for volunteers is central to our organizing strategy. We’ve learned the secret to generating massive turnout for our volunteer events is to create an environment of Black Joy – a volunteer experience with Black people at its center that treats volunteers as organizers rather than discount labor. We want to be in community with other Black people, especially in the current political climate. We’re creating the volunteer experience to harness this untapped energy, supplemented by a robust paid mail and digital ads program. We have high expectations for the volunteer experience, and logistics and operations excellence is a crucial component of meeting these objectives.
About Color Of Change PAC
Color Of Change PAC helps people respond effectively to injustice in the world by ensuring that Black issues are addressed by candidates looking to win with our community’s votes. Building on the successes of the volunteer organizing pioneered in recent primary and general presidential campaigns, Color Of Change PAC Organizing department is engaging volunteers across the country to execute a sophisticated voter contact plan using relational organizing, peer to peer texting and web-enabled phone banking. We are developing on the ground capacity and leveraging Color Of Change PAC’s expertise of employing digital tools to make real change.
Field Operations Coordinators are responsible -- through owning the work of securing venues, vendors, and troubleshooting logistics -- for empowering organizers to focus their time on volunteer relationships. Specific responsibilities include:
- Compiling vendor lists and pricing sheets in various cities across the country
- Managing bookings of event centers and related vendors
- Ensure a strong contract process that fits within COC’s overall budget guidelines
- Communicate the goals of the Black Joy program to vendors, with the express purpose of ensuring values fit, as well as ensuring the right event-day joyful tone from vendors and their staff
- Communicating clearly with vendors, as well as the internal team
- Doing whatever it takes to ensure the success of the program through strong operations and logistics
- Propose solutions when problems arise
- Ensure that receipts, per diem, reimbursements and timesheets are filed in a timely fashion for the Directors in your region
- Strong project manager
- Highly flexible and willing to iterate even if it means constantly revising your plans in response to real-world developments. Flexibility is your middle name.
- Can juggle a lot at once -- this role requires working with many people across different teams in various cities, all at the same time
- Systems-thinker -- you propose systems/structures to solve problems
- Hands-on orientation -- no detail is too small to escape your notice, and you dig in wherever necessary
- Ability to work independently and with discretion in decision-making
- Ability to produce strong work in an environment where much of the team is not co-located with you
- Know when a phone call, video call, or face-to-face is better than an email, text, or chat
- Publicly represent Color Of Change PAC in a professional and engaging manner with staff, volunteers, and vendors
- Uphold the Color Of Change PAC brand by demonstrating our values not just when you are on the job, but in all your interactions (both in person and on social media)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should click the link (https://colorofchangepac.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk01wnx) and submit a resume, COC PAC-tailored cover letter, and your response to the application exercise found here.