Title: Programs Administrative Coordinator
Department: Member Services
Reports to: Vice President
Location: 39 Broadway- Lower Manhattan
Who We Are:
To learn about who we are, our organizational core values, and how we serve as Food Bankers, please visit Our Approach.
Food Bank For New York City has been the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end hunger throughout the five boroughs for more than 30 years. Nearly one in five New Yorkers relies on Food Bank for food and other resources. Food Bank takes a strategic, multifaceted approach that provides meals and builds capacity in the neediest communities, while raising awareness and engagement among all New Yorkers. Through its member network of more than 1,000 charities and schools citywide, Food Bank provides food for more than 64 million free meals for New Yorkers in need. Food Bank For New York City’s income support services, including food stamps (also known as SNAP) and free tax assistance for the working poor, put more than $150 million each year into the pockets of New Yorkers, helping them to afford food and achieve greater dignity and independence. In addition, Food Bank’s nutrition education programs and services empower more than 44,000 children and adults to sustain a healthy diet on a low budget.
Primary Purpose of the Job
To ensure consistent, professional, and courteous correspondence to Food Bank For New York City’s member agencies. Maintain updated contact information and files for all members. Provide administrative support to the Member Engagement Department. Manage monthly Member Services training calendar. Provide leadership and creativity in working with both Member Services staff and other FBNYC departments around all member needs.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as liaison between Food Bank and its network of member agencies and potential member agencies by assisting with general questions, requests, fielding/responding to phone calls, emails, and additional communication.
- Serve as one of two customer service points of contact for internal and external communication for Food Bank’s Member Engagement team.
- Oversee call center voicemail and follow-up
- Work with the Director of Member Engagement to create communications for the member network
- Direct member questions/issues to the appropriate Food Bank departments
- Troubleshoot and assist members with the Online ordering system and periodically take member food orders
Programs Operational Responsibilities
- Coordinates administrative responsibilities for the Vice President of Community, Connection and Reach and Director of Member Engagement
- Coordinate and take minutes for all team meetings and conference calls
- Coordinate development of the monthly E-news
- Coordinate all member communications.
- Organize tracking of all member contracts
- Create all member communications around grant updates and spend down analysis for approval by Associate Director of Member Engagement
- Work to develop strategies and coordination for member grant spend down to support Director of Member Engagement
- Serve as point of contact for requests of member information
- Support Food Bank’s new member application process and onboarding
- Assist with other duties as assigned
Qualifications and experience that this role requires
- Bachelor's degree;
- Strong customer service background and demonstrated ability to ensure consistent, professional and courteous correspondence at all times with Food Bank For New York City member agencies;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and excellent time management skills.
- Spanish speaking
- Knowledge of Salesforce database preferred
Minimum Education Required