Details: Salary commesurate with experience
The Director of the Center for School Behavioral Health at Mental Health America of Greater Houston (“the Center”) leads all aspects of the Center’s systems change work to improve the overall well-being of students in the Greater Houston Region. This works includes the prevention, early identification and intervention, and treatment of behavioral health concerns among students.
· Lead the Center’s team in realizing measurable steps toward systems change in the area of behavioral health and overall well-being of students.
· Directly supervise the Associate Director; directly or indirectly supervise other Center staff members.
· Lead and enhance collaborative efforts to improve the overall well-being of students in the Greater Houston Region, utilizing with fidelity the collective impact methodology.
· Responsible for the School Behavioral Health Collaborative, Best Practice Incubator, and Advisory Committee.
· Provide support and oversight for components of the Center’s work that are managed by other staff such as professional development and the annual conference. This may require the delivery of trainings as needed.
· Work collaboratively with the Director of Public Policy & Government Affairs for the advancement of the Center’s community and legislative advocacy aimed at relevant public and organizational policy changes.
· Work collaboratively with the Chief Program Officer, Sr. Director of Organizational Development, and evaluation consultants to ensure appropriate assessment of the Center’s work and its impact in the community.
· Work collaboratively with the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Program Officer to manage the Center’s budget.
· Working with the Center’s staff and the agency’s executive leadership, lead the Center’s strategic planning efforts to create sustainable growth and ensure continuous quality improvement.
· Participate in agency efforts to secure the sustainability of the Center. This includes actively seeking opportunities to create strategic program and philanthropic partnerships to advance the work of the Center.
· Represent and actively promote MHA of Greater Houston and the Center in the community, including serving on relevant committees at both community and state levels.
· Other duties as assigned by the Chief Program Officer or the President & CEO.
· Graduate degree in a relevant field required; licensed mental health professional or doctorate in education preferred.
· A minimum of 10 to 15 years of relevant experience, including experience in school settings and in mental health; at least 5 years of experience in senior management positions/responsibilities.
· Extensive knowledge of schools and school systems, school-based programming, and children’s mental health.
· Familiarity with school districts and the behavioral health community in the Greater Houston Region; strong connections within these systems is highly preferred.
· Servant leader; strong people management skills
· Demonstrated ability to lead collaborative efforts to effect systems change
· Demonstrated ability to envision programmatic growth and success, set programmatic priorities and objectives accordingly, and lead a team in achieving objectives; Versatility to work across sectors
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
· Impeccable work ethic and professional judgment
Competitive benefits package including health plan and generous 403b savings plan.
Minimum Education Required