1406 Fulton Street
Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking a Part-Time Driver to drive our Mobile Health Center. The Part-Time Driver has a Class B license, is a member of our Project Street Beat team and will be based at the Brooklyn 1406 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY 11216.
The MHC Driver can expect to work 28 hours a week which would include some combination of 8am-4pm and 4pm-12am shifts but we’re open to someone who is only interested in working evenings and weekends. There may be an opportunity to work more hours as fill in for the full-time driver. This position is benefits eligible.
It is an exciting and important time to work at Planned Parenthood of New York City. We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Working at PPNYC is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programming so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers, whether through our services, education or advocacy efforts, which prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
At PPNYC, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPNYC fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPNYC knows that our greatest asset is our people. We offer competitive compensation and robust benefits package to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan including an employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
What the MHC Driver does:
- On an as needed basis, the per diem MHC Driver is responsible for driving the Project Street Beat Mobile Medical Unit, a 45 foot, 27,500 lb. bus-style vehicle, to pre-arranged sites, where staff can provide services.
- Maintain the cleanliness of both the interior and exterior of the MHC.
- Maintain a log of Mobile Medical Unit’s mechanical operation.
- Shows a highly sensitivity and responsiveness to the social and medical problems faced by the Project Street Beat target population.
- Perform other duties as required.
We’re seeking candidates who have:
- HS Diploma or GED.
- Must have two (2) to three (3) years of experience driving a same or similar sized vehicle in NYC area.
- Must possess a valid CDL Class B NYS driver’s license.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the Manhattan, Bronx and Brooklyn target areas.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Are you interested in bringing your passion, commitment and expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? Please follow this link to submit your resume and cover letter. No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.