650 Townsend Street Suite 435
Common Sense (https://www.commonsensemedia.org/) is the nation's leading independent nonprofit organization devoted to helping kids and families thrive in a world of media and technology.
Every day, millions of families turn to Common Sense for trusted advice and unbiased ratings. We offer the largest library of independent age-based and educational ratings and reviews for everything your kids want to watch, play, read, and learn. Our movie and TV ratings are available through distribution partnerships with- AppleTV, Comcast, Charter and many other partner networks, helping families and kids make smart media choices. Through our schools program, we provide educators with a curriculum that teaches the essential digital citizenship and literacy skills every student needs to succeed. More than 100,000 member schools across the country use our ratings and free curricula and content. We also work with policymakers, industry leaders, legislators, and a grassroots community of concerned parents and teachers to improve the media and education landscape for kids, families, and schools.
The director of partnerships leads day-to-day relationships with partnership stakeholders and is responsible for maintaining engagement and strong rapport across all levels of our partner contacts from senior executives and brand managers to product managers and engineers. The director of partnerships will continually seek to leverage our expertise and resources to drive tangible business value to partners.
We have highly visible partners, all of whom need strong engagement and ongoing attention. The ideal candidate has a strong track record of building relationships and managing complex projects with many moving parts, creative thinking skills, and a collaborative work style.
The director of partnerships will be based in San Francisco and report to the vice president of business development. Some travel will be required.
LOCATION: San Francisco, California
REPORT TO: VP, Business Development
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Foster and cultivate key partner relationships to ensure strategic engagement and strong relationship management and create new opportunities to add value.
- Work closely with the VP of business development to shape and execute a strong renewal strategy to drive incremental revenue, informed emerging opportunities, building a metrics-based value proposition, and negotiating new terms.
- Be intimately familiar with contractual terms and utilization of our content to ensure compliance.
- Understand the key business drivers for our partners, including long-term and short-term objectives, and develop new solutions leveraging our expertise and content.
- Continually seek to deepen integrations, and identify additional areas of collaboration.
- Maximize existing partnerships to elevate and promote our integrations to customers through their distribution channels.
- Lead day-to-day communication with and activities of business development partnerships and establish regular cadence of emails, calls, and in-person meetings to build strong and productive relationships.
- Monitor technical integrations to ensure they happen in a timely manner; continually encourage deeper integrations by offering up ideas and proposals.
- Engage internal stakeholders to meet partner needs, including developing best-in-class integrations and campaigns and identifying meaningful new use cases for CSM content.
- Manage the partnerships manager.
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR RÉSUMÉ:
- BA required, MBA or JD preferred
- 7+ years relevant experience, including sales, business development, channel marketing, and/or project management
- Knowledge and passion regarding media landscape, including distribution and business models
- Proven chops as an organized, entrepreneurial self-starter -- someone who swiftly identifies what needs to get done, then is eager to make it happen
- A strong track record of strategic relationship and project management
- The proven ability to build relationships
- Strong presentation skills, including developing PowerPoint materials and delivering those presentations to senior executives
THE X FACTOR:
- You have great attention to detail and follow-through.
- You have a true sense of ownership and are passionate for results.
- You are a skilled communicator and collaborator and are inspired by the Common Sense mission.
- You have a great sense of humor -- even when meeting tough deadlines.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work with talented, passionate professionals
- Very competitive salary based on experience
- Competitive health and welfare benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and a matching 401(k)
- An organization that offers work/life balance
- The opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of kids and families!
Common Sense values the diversity of its employees and is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required