1777 North Kent Street
Today, Trout Unlimited is a national organization with more than 150,000 members and volunteers organized into about 400 chapters nationwide. This dedicated grassroots army is matched by a respected staff of organizers, lawyers, policy experts and scientists, who work out of more than 30 offices nationwide. These conservation professionals ensure that TU is at the forefront of fisheries restoration and protection work at the local, state and national levels. Our mission is to conserve, protect and restore North America's coldwater fisheries and their watersheds. Our vision is by the next generation, Trout Unlimited will ensure that robust populations of native and wild coldwater fish once again thrive within their North American range, so that our children can enjoy healthy fisheries in their home waters.
Trout Unlimited is looking for a friendly and professional individual to serve as our full time Membership Services Assistant (MSA). This person must be a self-starter, have excellent organizational skills, a strong attention to detail in projects both large and small, possess the ability to problem solve, multi task, and adapt to an ever changing work environment. The MSA interfaces with TU’s members on a daily basis, researches and resolves member questions and concerns, and is a primary go-to person within the organization.
This position requires a dynamic personality with excellent communication/follow-up skills using a variety of mediums, including phone, email, letters, and an internal customer service database system. The MSA will be very “visible” with our grassroots membership and requires someone who represents TU’s mission and goals. The MSA will be highly knowledgeable about TU’s systems, procedures and programs to effectively communicate with our members.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Supports Director of Membership Services with quality control of third party vendors.
· First point of contact for TU call center and exception services.
· Resolves inquiries from members and notifies members of resolution via email, phone, or letter.
· Performs database updates and quality control checks.
· Creates and manages informational mailings to our membership.
· Excellent communication skills via phone, email, and letters
· Enthusiastic, energetic, personable and a friendly disposition
· Extremely detail oriented
· Comfortable analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and making informed decisions
· Strong time management skills and practices
· Able to prioritize projects and excellent organizational skills
· Experience working with a membership database and/or knowledge of Abila’s netFORUM database a plus
· Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Customer service and/or sales experience preferred
This is not an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested in becoming part of a team whose mission is to conserve, protect, and restore North America’s coldwater fisheries and their watersheds? Fishing experience is not required, but a love for conservation and the outdoors is. Help us to serve our passionate and loyal members – who are volunteers that invest their time, energy and money to ensure our future generations enjoy healthy fisheries in their home waters. Please email cover letter and resume to:
1777 N Kent Street, Suite 100
Arlington, VA 22209
(No Calls Please)
Please use “MSA Position” in the subject line of your email.