745 Atlantic Avenue
About JA (Junior Achievement) Worldwide
As one of the world’s largest youth-serving NGOs, JA (Junior Achievement)Worldwide activates youth for the future of jobs. Through the delivery of cutting-edge, experiential learning in financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurship, we create pathways for employability and job creation. Each year, our network of over 470,000 volunteers serves more than 10 million students in over 100 countries.
The Development Officer will report to the Global Head of Development and support JA Worldwide’s Global Fundraising Team whose function is to raise money for JA Worldwide and the network of Junior Achievement (JA) around the world. Historically, fundraising at JA has been heavily focused on corporations. In preparation for the 100th anniversary of the organization in 2019, JA is in the process of diversifying its revenue streams to include a greater emphasis on individual giving as well as foundation and public support.
The Development Officer plays a key role in maintaining and growing our annual fundraising goal and in growing our fundraising base, especially in terms of new funding from foundations, corporations and individuals as well as the public sector. We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter who is excited to join a hard-working, mission-driven team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Proactively seek new sources of corporate, foundation, individual and public-sector support
- Manage a defined portfolio of mid-level donors focusing on ensuring strong donor relations
- Respond to inbound requests from donors looking to engage with JA globally
- Write, edit and submit concept notes, proposals and reports
- Ensure leadership is well prepared for donor visits
- Develop innovative strategies, campaigns, and programming around donor engagement with JA Worldwide
- Support the JA Network with requests for fundraising and funder assistance
- Collaborate on the planning, sponsorship, and successful night-of completion of the 2019 Centennial Gala
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3-5 years’ fundraising experience
- Eagerness to learn and a willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves” and do what is needed to get the job done
- Strong understanding of the moves management process
- Well-honed research techniques
- Interest in education, entrepreneurship, financial literacy, youth employment, and key trends in international development; ability to adjust positioning based on donor needs
- Compelling and persuasive writer
- Social media savvy
- Excellent attention to detail in written work
- Strong command of the Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated poise, tact, integrity, and professionalism
- Knowledge and proficiency with Salesforce, or other CRM desirable
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.