AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF BEIRUT
Job Title: Alumni Relations Officer, North America
Department: Office of University Advancement
Location: The Debs Center, American University of Beirut, New York, NY
Supports North American alumni, the leadership of “WAAAUB”- the worldwide alumni association of AUB, and its alumni chapters. Facilitates the University’s marketing to alumni/other constituents via mail, web, email, and social media. Provides administrative support through the New York Office. Reports directly to the Executive Director of Alumni Relations, while collaborating with the Assistant Director of Alumni Relations and offering support as needed.
North American Chapters
· Support alumni volunteer network and chapter leadership with events, meetings, marketing and promotional materials, elections, contact lists, including maintenance of chapters’ social media/web presence.
· Identify new chapters and collaborate to revitalize and maintain older chapters.
· Collect constituent information obtained from events, email communications, phone calls and add to the Banner Database.
· Preserve and maintain records of alumni communications, including contact reports when relevant from ARO staff.
· Research alumni and constituents for the purpose of alumni and advancement, including maintaining alumni speaker & “notables” database for North America.
· Coordinate content with all advancement department for the various social media outlets.
· Respond quickly to any inquiries that are generated by users.
· Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications and maintain impact of social media on the overall marketing efforts of alumni and advancement teams.
· With ARO senior staff and colleagues in Beirut, support WAAAUB initiatives globally, including the implementation of chapter policies and procedures, annual reports, and follow up for US tax guidelines to US chapters.
· Provide support for WAAAUB events around the world.
· Collect and record payments, data on attendees for various alumni events.
· Create collateral, order giveaways and provide guidance on best practices to chapter events.
· Assist with the creation and distribution of print marketing material for alumni events and activities, including social media outreach.
· Post and update content for the alumni website; track site statistics.
· Compile and maintain best practice digital and hard-copy library for alumni relations and advancement/higher education overall.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Position requires availability for evening and weekend events; some domestic travel expected.
Interest/experience in the Middle East is welcome.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required