About Enko Education:
Enko Education is a fast-growing network of African international schools, increasing access for learners across Africa to the world’s best universities, through high-quality international education.
Enko Education has developed an innovative model to unlock learners’ potential through high-quality international curricula and diplomas, leading to the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) a globally recognized and valued program while offering tuition fees as low as a fifth as what other IBDP schools charge. Enko learners are guided in their university applications through our university guidance programme that supports them in securing admission and financing their studies through scholarships. Enko Education learners can enjoy a unique and enriched learning experience.
Enko Education’s model is showing outstanding results with learners joining top universities like Yale University (USA), Sciences Po (Fr), the University of Toronto (Canada) and many more.
With 10 schools across Africa, Enko Education aims to open 30 more schools in the next five years. Several international financing institutions, including Proparco, I & P, Oiko Credit and LiquidAfrica, support Enko Education’s project and ambition.
We are seeking heads of schools, individuals who are inspirational, ambitious, adventurous and care deeply for children, to start or run schools in our current and future countries of operations in SubSaharan Africa. Current or recently retired heads are warmly welcomed to apply. In exceptional cases, highly experienced IB Coordinators or Heads of Department may also apply for first headship.
Currently, we are considering openings in the following cities:
- Bamako (Mali) - 2018
- Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso) – 2018
- Cotonou (Benin) - 2019
- Lusaka (Zambia) – 2019
- Johannesburg (South Africa) - 2019
- Kinshasa, Lubumbashi (DRC) - 2019
While we adapt our model to local reality and need, we aim to focus on international secondary curriculum with English and/or French (bilingual) medium of instruction.
Detailed description of the role:
Tasks include to:
- Setup the school (setup the management and pedagogical processes, organization, tools…)
- Run the school through the accreditation processes
- Grow the school’s student body, ensure parent satisfaction
- Recruit and retain teaching and nonteaching staff. Train, mentor, coach our teachers.
- Manage the finance of the school and all aspects of the school operations
- Contribute to define/improve the Enko model and develop our network in Sub-Saharan Africa
The heads of schools receive a wide range of support. They work closely with Enko Education headquarters whose support systems center on four domains – Learning & Teaching (Academics), Communications & School Marketing, Operations and Finance. Other heads of schools of the Enko Education network also provide supports to one another through multiple means including an annual retreat.
The ideal candidate:
- Has extensive experience as a head of school ... or the motivation and skills to become one
- Breathes IB values
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial mindset with a hands-on attitude, lots of energy and resilience
- Thinks growth and scale, to tackle one of the largest and most pressing need of the continent
- Shares our excitement to offer a top-notch international education to the fast-growing African middle-class
- Understand the affordability challenges and expectations we will face with our parent population
- Demonstrate a passion for the African continent
- Exhibit excellence in English communications. French is a must for Francophone countries. Portuguese is a plus.
- Embodies our values like no other.
We will help the selected candidate to relocate and obtain necessary work permits. Benefits include housing, an annual flight home, medical aid.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual French & English
Minimum Education Required