Administrative Assistant with excellent tech skills (Part-Time, Contract, Remote)
- Job posted by National Indian Child Care Association
Details: Dependent upon qualifications and experience
NICCA is expanding our staff and we want you! We are looking for a part-time administrative assistant who is excited about our mission and is ready to help us grow. If you are super tech-savvy, have a passion for early care and education, and can work effectively remotely -- this position is for you! This position is ideal for anyone interested in policy/advocacy and capacity building/training at the national level. Note: It is only available part-time.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Type: Part time, Contract
Salary: Dependent upon qualifications and experience
Start date: Rolling basis
Application deadline: Rolling basis
Organizational overview: NICCA was founded to advocate for and support child care professionals serving American Indian/Alaska Native/Native Hawaiian families. NICCA is a membership-based association and serves all professionals seeking to improve child care opportunities for American Indian/Alaska Native/Native Hawaiian families. The purpose of NICCA is to enhance the quality of life for Native children through education, leadership, and advocacy. Our mission is to promote high quality culturally relevant child care and development and to unify Tribes and Tribal organizations by providing leadership, support, and advocacy on behalf of American Indians, Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiians.
Position description: The National Indian Child Care Association is seeking to hire an Administrative Assistant to start as early as possible, but will wait for the right candidate, to support the NICCA Executive Director and Board of Directors with a variety of tasks related to the organizations programs and communications. The applicant should be someone with administrative and organizational skills and a demonstrated interest in and passion for work that serves children and families, particularly for American Indian/Alaska Native/Native Hawaiian children and families.
The administrative assistant will be responsible for:
- Managing day-to-day communications for the Board of Directors and staff, including responding organizational inquiries, scheduling meetings, and responding to calls.
- Record keeping for meetings and conference calls of the Board of Directors.
- Planning and organizing trainings, conferences and meetings.
- Maintaining and updating membership and events databases through an online membership software.
- Preparing and submitting monthly reports and financial statements.
- Compiling quarterly newsletters.
- Supporting social media marketing.
- Updating website content and writing blog posts.
- Collecting data and conducting research for reporting purposes.
- Helping write reports, press releases, and proposals for fundraising and development.
- Providing general support for day-to-day organizational logistics.
- Higher educational degree required, including Associate’s and/or Bachelor’s degrees.
- Minimum of two-years professional experience and/or training in organization-building, public relations, or other related fields.
- A demonstrated interest in and passion for work that serves American Indian/Alaska Native/Native Hawaiian children and families with a commitment to promoting the health and well-being of our youngest citizens.
- Reliability and personal accountability to perform tasks remotely.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work both independently and cooperatively with a team.
- Experience with using social media as a promotional tool. Particularly, knowledge of HootSuite, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Professional-level familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Adobe Suite is valuable. Experience using Hootsuite, Canva and Wix web-hosting is an advantage.
- Ability to function in fast-paced environment, providing quick response while maintaining high level of accuracy.
- Knowledge of web design and experience in advocacy, grant writing, and grassroots organizing and outreach are big advantages.
This is a part-time, contract position.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
NICCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Applications must include a resume and cover letter that includes a response to why your skills are a good match for this position and sharing about your passion and interest in working for an American Indian/Alaska Native/Native Hawaiian organization that serves children and families. Applications that do not include both a resume and cover letter will not be reviewed.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Application for Administrative Assistant. All applications will be evaluated as they are received and the position will be filled upon receiving a qualified applicant.
This job will be performed remotely.