155 East 55th Street
Reports to: Director, Special Events
The Lung Cancer Research Foundation (LCRF) is a nonprofit organization focused on supporting lung cancer research. Our mission is to improve lung cancer outcomes by funding research for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure of lung cancer. LCRF is seeking to hire a Special Events & Development Assistant to support the special events team and development initiatives. The individual must be independent, proactive, motivated and detail-oriented, with an understanding and interest in special events.
- Provide exceptional customer service to LCRF donors and represent the Foundation with the utmost professionalism.
- Assist the events team and key constituents throughout the planning process and on-site at events.
- Staff all LCRF events.
- Support fundraising efforts including corporate and leadership outreach.
- Provide phone and email follow-up to event sponsors and ticket purchasers.
- Manage in-kind outreach for silent auctions, raffles and giveaways.
- Assist with small scale mailings.
- Prepare event-related acknowledgement letters and coordinate mailing.
- Assist with shipping and messenger requests for event materials.
- Inventory event collateral and materials.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar position preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Strong written, verbal and oral communication skills.
- Proofreading skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work effectively with a team and independently.
The LCRF is an equal opportunity employer
Level of Language Proficiency
English - strong written, verbal and oral communication skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position via email to email@example.com. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered. Please, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly. Due to the volume of inquiries, only applicants who best match the position will be contacted.