80 Main Street
The Jewish Foundation for the Righteous (JFR), an international Holocaust organization, provides monthly financial support to aged and needy non-Jews who risked their lives to save Jews during the Holocaust. The JFR is seeking a Program Associate to be responsible for assisting in the management of the Foundation’s national Holocaust teacher education program. This is a full-time position.
The Program Associate will assume a broad portfolio of responsibilities, including:
• assisting with all aspects of planning and implementing an integrated national Holocaust teacher education program;
• assisting with the JFR’s e-newsletters;
• assisting with the JFR’s social media activities;
• assisting with the JFR’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah program;
• handling general administrative responsibilities of the Education department; and
• assisting with other aspects of the work of the Foundation, including development activities which includes entering donor information into the Foundation's donor database. Data entry of donor information will be a component of this position.
This position reports to the Executive Vice-President of the JFR.
The individual must:
• possess a working knowledge of the history of the Holocaust;
• have background in teaching at the middle and/or high school level in a public school setting;
• be creative and have excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
• have a desire to work in the Jewish communal world and be knowledgeable about the Jewish community;
• be able to work cooperatively and comfortably with all levels of contacts;
• have the ability to work independently;
• have the ability to make presentations on the JFR to community groups;
• have the ability to manage multiple tasks and to work well under pressure;
• be able to travel - travel can include Saturdays and Sundays;
• possess a bachelor’s degree, preferably in history, Jewish studies, and modern Jewish history;
• have proficiency in Microsoft Word and have knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
We are seeking to fill the position immediately. You must be a U.S. citizen. If you are not available to start work by October 1, 2018, please do not apply.
Health Insurance; Life Insurance; Disability Insurance; Vacation and Sick Days
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit the following:
1. Cover Letter - please include salary history and your background as it relates to knowledge of the history of Holocaust, i.e., coursework, teaching.
3. Two Page Writing Sample
If any of the above is missing from your application, your application will not be considered.
The Jewish Foundation for the Righteous
80 Main Street, Suite 380
West Orange, NJ 07052
Please do not call the office.