290 Lenox Ave
Weston United Community Renewal, Inc. is a not for profit organization located in Harlem, New York. For over 30 years, Weston United has provided housing and supportive services to participants with histories of chronic homelessness, mental illness, and substance abuse. Weston United employs over 100 employees who contribute to a rich and diverse work environment.
SUMMARY: Directly supervise residence counselors, mange the shift and work closely with Program Director and/or Program Coordinator to ensure team members are abreast of all critical issues pertaining to assigned consumers. Supervisor must work closely with the Program Director to ensure that the Agency’s mission is upheld by staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Include the following and other duties that may be assigned
- Assist the Program Director and/or Program Coordinator with day to day program operations.
- Directly supervise residence counselors provide educational training as needed and assist with the training of new staff.
- Responsible for managing the shift and ensuring that the vacancy report and daily census are completed and accurate in the DHS data reporting system.
- Conduct intake/assessment as needed and ensure that consumers are provided with services for transitioning to permanent housing.
- Ensure that client needs are met during the shift and that facility needs are addressed.
- Follow up on reported incidents and grievances.
- Ensure that data is entered properly into all database systems.
- Attend administrative meetings when assigned.
- Run at least one clinical group a week.
- Take on and manage any additional tasks or assignments given by Program Director.
- Ensure the close out of all discharged consumer’s chart in a timely manner.
- Employ preventive interventions to reduce unnecessary decompensation, hospitalizations and relapse.
- Ensure consumers are living in safe, clean and decent environments.
- Document all contacts and interventions provided to consumers on a daily basis no later than 24 hours of contact.
- Report all “reportable” incidents to the Justice Center and document in CARES, and AWARDS.
- Carry out directives and instructions given by the Program Director or Program Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Adhere to all agency policies and procedures
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with Executive and Supervisory staff, and Team members.
QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field, (MSW preferred), a minimum of three years’ experience working with adults who have a severe and persistent mental illness with or without a history of substance abuse and some supervisory experience preferred. Good Interpersonal and writing skills are required. Good computer skills.
Minimum Education Required