EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE CEO
About Byte Back
For nearly 25 years, Byte Back has been providing a pathway of inclusive and relevant tech training that leads to meaningful careers in the tech industry. We are committed to closing the digital divide by providing under-resourced communities an equitable pathway into the digital economy. As a leader in both digital inclusion and digital equity, we serve and train more than 500 adults every year to help bridge the digital divide. Byte Back's students are predominantly people of color, women, and unemployed or underemployed adults. By the year of 2025, nearly 85,000,000 jobs will be lost to automation and machine learning. We exist to reskill these individuals to help them be marketable for 21st century jobs. On average, our graduates who are hired increase their annual earnings by more than $25,000. Byte Back believes everyone deserves to have access to tech skills that lead to gainful employment in order to reap the benefits that come from participating in the tech industry.
Byte Back's innovative approach and our leaders have been featured at SXSW, on TEDx, "The Root 100," Washington Business Journal, Technic.ly, Voice of America, NBC, and more.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a reliable and execution-oriented Executive Assistant to the CEO to join Byte Back's growing team. You will complete a broad variety of administrative tasks and provide professional, executive support to our CEO to empower him to be more efficient, effective, and impactful. You will own strategic management of the CEO's calendar to ensure prompt meeting coordination and time management. You must be self-directed, action-oriented, and feel confident in your ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities while managing a varied workload. You will serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO.
You must be creative, organized, and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and community oriented. You must have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with exceptional written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills. You must be able to work under pressure and handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- A resourceful professional with excellent administrative, interpersonal, organizational, research, and writing skills, plus the proven ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations
- A detail-oriented, self-starting problem solver with a get-it-done - and done well - attitude
- An intuitive, forward-looking thinker who actively anticipates what the CEO needs and then proposes and implements solutions Actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions with the ability to anticipate the needs of a busy CEO and proactively resolve issues before they become a problem or obstacle
- Energized by joining a highly dedicated and talented team committed to shared success in an extremely collaborative environment where you can bring your authentic self and make a lasting difference in the lives of countless others
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of response to internal and external stakeholders
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to be extremely effective independently
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and solutions-minded, with a keen eye for what may often go unnoticed by others
- Exceptional attention to detail, fantastic organizational skills, and consistent follow-through
- Highly responsive and available; comfortable in a dynamic environment where change is an intrinsic part of every day in a fast-growing company
- Intrigued by the prospect of working at a tech non-profit that's at the intersection of digital equity, tech inclusion, and digital access, and is led by a dynamic senior leadership team with significant prior success and deep industry credibility
About Your Responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs as many tasks as possible that the CEO would otherwise perform
- Initiates projects and tasks that the CEO has identified as important to the growth of the organization
- Provides executive administrative support of a highly complex and responsible nature to the CEO
- Manages the CEO's workflow and priorities, managing their schedules, anticipating steps ahead and keeping them focused on the most important projects
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors. Arrange and handle all logistics for Board meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes on behalf of Board Secretary. Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board matters.
- Reflects the CEO's style and company culture when carrying out activities
- Research, prioritize, and consistently follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive and/or confidential nature
- Coordinates all Board of Directors and Senior Leadership Team meetings as well as retreats and assist with staff meetings and special events as needed
- Create, route, and process written and verbal correspondence on behalf of the CEO with impeccable discretion and confidentiality across multiple platforms
- Build a strong, strategic partnership with internal and external stakeholders to improve day-to-day efficiency
- Apply and explain complex information as needed to summarize emails and voice messages, and relay information from other parties
- Work collaboratively with other team members, as needed, with an emphasis on managing special projects
- Handle confidential and non-routine information and facilitate communication between appropriate team members and external stakeholders
- Strong project negotiation skills with a high level of initiative and sound judgment
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and internal teams; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior leadership.
- Demonstrates leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the business, possess the ability to have influence to drive successful outcomes
- Works closely and productively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up urgently
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles issues expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
About Your Requirements
- 5+ years of experience supporting a C-level staff member, preferably a CEO
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Outstanding communication skills (oral and written) with a high level of poise and professionalism. Ability to draft, proofread and edit documents for spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Entrepreneurial spirit with uncanny ability to perform in fast-paced environment
- Flawless execution of administrative activities and strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including members of leadership, the board, external customers, and their teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact, integrity, and discretion
- Demonstrated ability of strong decision-making
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Ability to anticipate problems and establish strategic direction for future success
- Significant expertise and high proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail, Gslides, Gsheets, Gdocs) and MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Extensive experience in executive and strategic calendar management in a rapidly changing environment
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, donors, and funded partners.
- An elevated level of integrity; ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, discretion, and judgment
- Passionate about Byte Back's mission and excited about the opportunity to have a front-row seat working alongside our CEO
- Solid business acumen; creative and analytical mindset; able to comprehend near term and long-term objectives
Employee Compensation and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience
Byte Back is an equal opportunity employer and leads the nonprofit sector in offering a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Employer-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Pre-tax flexible spending
- Dependent care and transit accounts
- Paid vacation, Holidays, Personal days, and Sick leave
- 6-weeks of Paid Family Leave
- 403(b) with 1% employer match
- Employer-paid life insurance, and additional workplace subsidies
Byte Back provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Think you have what it takes? Apply Now!
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.