Important Information About This Role
Frequent travel is required (50% or greater during peak seasons) with access to a major metropolitan airport. This is a remote role and being based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Phoenix or Chicago due to our current school portfolio is strongly preferred.
About the Team
The Partnerships team develops and stewards relationships with district, school, and community leaders to make consultative sales in ways that result in the addition of new, as well as the continuation of, successful partnerships with districts and schools. Working in partnership with the Program Delivery team, the Partnerships team ensures district, school, and community leaders are aligned on a vision for personalized learning and the potential of Teach to One: Math to drive dramatic growth for students in communities across the New Classrooms’ partnerships portfolio. The Partnerships team additionally partners with External Relations to help realize local fundraising opportunities, serving as the face to funders on an as-needed basis in their regional portfolios.
About the Role
The Director of Partnerships will directly execute on our district and school expansion and renewal strategy. In addition, the Director of Partnerships will collaborate with Instructional Coaches and Operations Managers to jointly develop and execute strategic plans aimed at improving the health and performance of a diverse portfolio of partner districts and schools.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and strategic connector for our Partnerships team to develop and secure these new district and school partnerships, as well as steward and renew those currently in our partnerships portfolio. The ideal candidate will have experience in partnership development and thrive on building and sustaining high-quality relationships. This role will report directly to the VP of Partnerships and will play a critical role in fueling our organization’s ability to impact the lives of thousands of students each year.
What You Would Do
- Lead generation strategy and executions throughout a long sales cycle, including closing sales and negotiating contracts and business terms with new partners.
- Lead the cultivation and manage relationships with new district, charter, and independent school partnerships throughout your designated region or across regions
- Project manage all aspects of the partnership adoption process and engage in creative problem solving with potential partners to remove barriers to program implementation
- Where useful, strategically identify, and secure regional consultants to provide intelligence and to introduce New Classrooms to high potential district and school leads
- Precisely and accurately document all activities in SalesForce (CRM)
Manage Health and Performance of School Partnerships
- Partner with district, school, and community leaders to establish shared annual goals and priorities around personalized learning broadly and the implementation of Teach to One: Math
- Negotiate agreements with district and school leaders to establish sustainable pathways for the ongoing implementation of Teach to One: Math
- Monitor health and performance metrics for a diverse portfolio of partner districts and schools against strategic goals
- Engage with central health and performance management teams to drive organizational effectiveness through reflection on drivers of success and challenges with district and school partnerships
- Partner with New Classrooms Instructional Coaches and Site Operations Managers to establish internal goals and strategies focused on improving the implementation of Teach to One: Math for each district and school, including the implementation of new program features
- Manage the escalation of program issues with districts and schools involving central team members to resolve challenges
Cross-functional Team Partnership
- Assist External Relations with the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of local supporters in regions as appropriate per district/school relationships
- Partner with other team members to help develop the team’s strategic pipeline development
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to determine viability of partnerships and readiness of district and school partnerships
- Provide ongoing communication and support to the implementation team
- Serve as the external spokesperson for New Classrooms with key partners in districts, CMOs, schools, and philanthropic organizations in your designated region
- Build brand awareness for New Classrooms and Teach to One locally by developing relationships with key influencers and representing New Classrooms at conferences and events
- Create regional and national opportunities to build awareness and support for Teach to One through various means including site tours, webinars, and other opportunities for visibility
- You are passionate about the power of personalized learning and able to convey that in an influential and compelling way
- You are highly entrepreneurial--if there’s not a clear way forward you’ll creatively figure out how to keep forging new paths to get there
- You are able to operate (leading, collaborating and executing) in a highly ambiguous environment with high interdependencies
- You are driven by establishing meaningful and lasting relationships and partnerships
- You are highly empathetic to the needs of district and school stakeholders because you’ve walked in their shoes
- You don’t really consider yourself a “sales” person but you have a track record of being able to sell new ideas and to help paint a picture of what’s possible
- You are highly self motivated and enjoy working independently---you don’t need anyone to tell you all of your next steps--but you are also able to collaborate effectively with peers.
- You are relentlessly optimistic about what is possible--there is always a new opportunity around the corner and you will persist until you’ve realized it
What We Are Looking For
- Demonstrated experience, success, and passion for working in a variety of diverse district and school settings
- Strong leadership capacity with several years of relevant experience
- A track record of demonstrating a generative, entrepreneurial approach to realizing what is possible and of setting and meeting ambitious goals
- Previous experience in partnership development or nontraditional sales role, a plus
- Deep knowledge of education landscape; understanding of or exposure to personalized learning models and education technology a plus
- Established rolodex of connections and relationships with districts, schools and philanthropic funders preferred
- Demonstrated success in professional relationship development; existing personal network (or access to a network) of district, school, and community leaders preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build trust with education and community leaders and potential funders
- The ability to speak and write with an authentic, empathetic, and persuasive voice and to engage external audiences with purpose and success
- Comfort working in a highly collaborative start-up/entrepreneurial work environment
- Willingness to travel frequently (50% or greater during peak seasons) with access to a major metropolitan airport; San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Phoenix or Chicago strongly preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.