Job Title: Tenant Services Coordinator
Employment Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Property Management
Reports To: SVP, Property Management
The Tenant Services Coordinator provides direct support to the Property Management team in coordinating the day-to-day activities of the building staff and contract services in fulfilling the needs and addressing the issues of tenants. The Tenant Services Coordinator is expected to develop and maintain strong working relationships with the tenants in the facility and be accountable to management for ensuring issues and needs are responded to and resolved by the appropriate individual, department, or service. This position will also have responsibility for general administrative and accounting, and as they pertain to tenants and operation of the building.
Areas of Responsibility
- Acts as the first point of contact for tenant service calls, requests and issues. Directs tenant service requests to the appropriate staff or contract service for resolution including engineering, maintenance, cleaning, mechanical and vendors. Is responsible for issuing and obtaining approvals for tenant/building work order requests. Maintains tenant request portal (WorkOrders)
- Key on-site support staff for tenant relations. Diligently supports and maintains good working relationships with tenants and vendors. Handles tenant move-ins and move-outs and assists with the coordination of tenant events. Orients new tenants on all building policies and procedures
- Responsible for preparing vendor service contracts and obtaining vendor bids for special work and/or services
- Assists property management with day-to-day operation of the property in accordance with policies/procedures, management agreements, and client needs. Responsible for obtaining and filing tenant and vendor insurance certificates, maintaining tenant contact list, emergency contact lists, maintaining building wide files and files pertinent to tenants and vendors. Schedules building/tenant construction access.
- Assists with billing and other tenant charges in compliance with lease agreements. Completes coding and processing of invoices, data entry into accounting system, preparing sundry billings, producing purchase orders for contract materials and services, and requesting W-9 forms and Certificates of Insurance (COI) from new vendors for set up in accounting system.
- Handles general administrative tasks as assigned including filing, answering phones, written correspondence especially to tenants, ordering of supplies, computer and data entry work, preparing spreadsheets and reports, greeting visitors and tenants, and logging and dispatching tenant service calls
- Collect, maintain/file all required construction checklist items; to include half size drawings; confirm and collect all tenant sign offs prior to move in
- Ensures payments are made to vendors in a timely manner
- Updates and maintains all tenant contact information
- Maintain tenant signage
- Coordinate and schedule construction kick off meetings
- Ensures the coordination of fire safety meetings and drills
- Updates and maintains tenant manuals, forms and certificates
- Routine checks of building construction sites, vacant spaces and common areas/restrooms
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
The above duties and responsibilities are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of this position. It is not intended to limit in any way the authority of supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong project management, planning, and organizational skills
- Proficient ability to communicate at all levels in both oral and written form; and competent at preparing professional, comprehensive memorandums, letters, reports, documents, files, etc.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively, manage multiple deadlines, and prioritize work requests
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with tenants, contractors, sub-contractors, clients, and employees
- Ability to look for new ways to improve internal processes and workflow
- HS Diploma or GED required; College or university credits or degree in applicable discipline preferred
- A minimum of two (2) years of work experience in an administrative, accounting, or tenant services capacity. Experience with data entry, basic reporting, filing, answering phones, scheduling, and communications is a must. Prior experience working in the property management, commercial real estate, or financial services industries preferred
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, including knowledge of MS Office software, specifically Word, scheduling (Outlook), spreadsheets (Excel) and other computer/data base applications
- Understanding of general accounting and financing. Knowledge of account payables, receivables, budgets, and expenditure control is also desired.
BNYDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex (including actual or perceived sex, gender, gender identity, self-image, appearance, behavior, or expression) sexual orientation, a genetic trait, actual or perceived status of a victim of domestic violence, or a victim of sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status, age, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital or domestic partnership status, military status, handicap, disability, or any other legally protected classification.