You will be part of Generation: the world’s largest, fastest scaling global employment program, providing young and mid-career adults with the opportunity to launch successful careers and change their life trajectories. Our goal is to deliver for our learners and employers simultaneously: supporting the personal and financial well-being of our graduates, while helping businesses make entry-level hires who are higher productivity, higher quality, retain longer, and are faster to promotion than peers. Founded by McKinsey & Company, Generation is its own legal non-profit entity active in 6 countries to date – USA, Kenya, Spain, Mexico, India, and Hong Kong – and is actively launching additional sites.
Generation is now launching ReGeneration. This program will reach, serve, train and place workers 40 years of age and older using our methodology and the best practices of our partner organizations. The program partners with AARP Foundation and Jefferson State Community College, supported by the Workforce Boards and State Workforce Agencies in Duval County, FL and Jefferson County, AL, to reskill and place 400 mature, dislocated workers in Birmingham, Alabama and Jacksonville, Florida in sustainable jobs in healthcare and information technology, respectively.
ReGeneration is rapidly solidifying the program model and is now looking to hire the first program lead to move the program into the next phase of program delivery. All of Generation’s programs are structured as intensive boot camps ranging from 3 – 12 weeks. The programs offer participants integrated technical, behavioral, mindset, and employment skills training, mentorship support and community services as well as job-placement support when they graduate.
The ReGeneration Program Lead will report directly to the US Program Lead and will have full responsibility for delivery of our first ReGeneration programs, whilst building out foundations for ongoing growth. S/he will coordinate and run programs across ReGeneration’s two main sectors: healthcare and technology, with the first projects to run in Jacksonville, Fl and Birmingham, AL. S/he will oversee launch of our first programs in those areas, leveraging learnings from programs in other programs/countries, and calling upon central Generation resources. All of the above will involve working closely with Generation’s US Core team members, and potentially Global team members; sharing best practices and learnings across borders. In doing so, the Program Lead will ensure that all programs follow established best practices and meet Generation’s metrics for enrollment, retention, graduation, job placement and job retention.
The Program Lead will be a key point of contact for our four main stakeholder groups – the ReGeneration program team, participants, our employer partners, and our ReGeneration Coalition Members, – and will be responsible for growing strong corporate and community relationships. Successful delivery our fist programs could lead to future opportunities with these employers as we scale activity to bring benefit to a wider number of people. Launching these first programs will also allow us to develop delivery blueprints for wider, future use. As one of the first employees of the ReGeneration team, the Program Lead will also be a key figure as we continue to build out the Re-Generation operation. As such, we are looking for a leader who embodies our organization’s core values. Specifically, we’re seeking a teammate who is passionate about achieving our mission, has a strong ability to manage a geographically diverse team, a track record of managing large-scale programs, is a strong collaborator and is committed to continuous improvement personally and for the organization.
- Oversee the implementation of ReGeneration training programs;
- Execute, source, manage and develop providers to fulfill all key elements of the program, which would typically include:
- Work in partnership with members of our coalition to recruit the right participants for the program. Meet recruitment goals and targets.
- Mentoring & support services offered to participants over the course of their journey with Generation
- Coordinate logistics for all partners, handling considerations such as classroom space, travel for participants, etc.
- Work closely with the US Curriculum Lead, who is responsible for curriculum design
- Ensure program delivery/operations is aligned with Generation methodology and standard operating procedures across the recruitment, training, transition to employment and ROI collection phases of the methodology
- Track program effectiveness, including graduation rate, job placement rate, retention rate, and wage level – Generation combines these measures into efficiency metrics called ‘cost per employed day’ and ‘wage to cost ratio’. Ensuring key program objectives of scale, quality and sustainability are met at all times.
- Support the evaluating and monitoring of the effectiveness of Generation participants, instructors, mentors and alumni on an ongoing basis in coordination with the curriculum and quality team
B. Develop relationships with targeted employers to:
- Establish employer relationships which lead to employment opportunities for program participants
- Collaborate as partners to meet our shared goals, working within the template of the contracted agreement between us, plus processing change requests where needed
- Work with and use the Generation US Management Team as necessary to complete all aspects of job. i.e. Finance, HR, Communications
- Ensure employers specific requirements are addressed and high level of customer satisfaction achieved
- Arrange hiring events with local employers and offer ongoing support to our alumni-- especially during the first six months of employment as new employees
You are a visionary, strategic and passionate leader energized at the thought of launching a brand new program and taking ReGeneration into the next phase of growth. You have an ability to both see the big picture and ensure that the details are getting done. You have extensive experience managing teams and overseeing large-scale programs from inception to completion.
Specific requirements include, but not limited to:
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for Generation's mission and commitment to working collaboratively with a management team of senior professionals
- Minimum of 10 years of professional work experience with 5+ years of direct leadership experience is required
- Leadership in program settings (particularly those overseeing multiple sites or programs simultaneously)
- A track record of leading, motivating and developing high-performance teams
- Experience managing stakeholder relationships including those with senior management at employer partners, government officials and agencies where required, negotiating with external vendors and enforcing governance with implementation partners etc.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, innovative, proactive mindset required for start-ups that demands taking ownership of targets and seeking opportunities for improvement / growth
- Positive, solutions and impact-oriented attitude, drive for excellence
- Experience of starting / running a skills training related organization and knowledge of the non-profit landscape is preferable and but not required
- Professional demeanor, excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (English) and attention to detail
- Willingness to travel
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. “In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”
Minimum Education Required