JOB SUMMARY: A unique opportunity to engage with Operation Smile (OS) as it enters into its fifth decade with a deep commitment to prioritize comprehensive cleft care through strengthening of interdisciplinary teams and health systems they are part of. To carry out this vision across the world, OS seeks to hire a leader to play a pivotal role leading multi-specialty efforts in the care of patients with cleft conditions, guiding the creation of content to support Comprehensive Care activities, training capabilities, and supporting growth and delivery of patient care through Operation Smile traditional programs and context-relevant, novel solutions. The Senior Vice President (SVP) of Comprehensive Care will lead a team of dedicated specialists and staff to implement high-quality, renowned care delivery programs with multiple specialties in a scalable and sustainable fashion. The SVP of Global Medical Programs will be responsible for cultivating partnerships with international and national leaders, ministries of health, academic, entrepreneurial and professional institutions to support these initiatives. This role requires an individual who is passionate about developing innovative solutions and brings with them a global network of partnerships that can be harnessed to drive strategic solutions for Comprehensive Care in some of the most resource-limited settings.
· Work experience
o Experience in humanitarian settings, care delivery or academic institutions creating and coordinating Comprehensive Care programs and initiatives.
o Managerial experience or experience managing and leading a team is essential.
o Preferably a healthcare professional or MD with experience in managerial roles and program coordination.
o Background in Comprehensive Care, preferably at an academic institution or humanitarian organization with experience in:
§ Comprehensive Care program design, preferably in resource-limited/ low- and middle-income settings
§ Use of technology for Comprehensive Care services
§ Knowledge of current comprehensive care systems, barriers to access and status of health worker availability.
§ Use of technologies and strategies increasing access to quality services with maximization of resources.
o Experience working in low- and middle-income/ resource-limited settings.
o Background in global health, cleft care and desire to see Comprehensive Care improvements offered consistently to all patients with cleft conditions.
o Program design experience as demonstrated by publications or equivalent contributions.
o Skilled in organization of forums with multiple stakeholders, consensus building and identifying and evolving innovative approaches for comprehensive programs.
o Understanding of health systems and how disease specific interventions interact and contribute to such systems.
o Fluency in English. Proficiency in Spanish and/or French is an added advantage.
o Excellent written and oral communication skills.
o Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
o Able to identify areas of opportunity in bringing Comprehensive Care needs with a wide variety of health care professionals.
o Able to be a team player, manage a department, and cultivate meaningful relationships and partnerships.
o Able to work in diverse cultural contexts.
Leadership and Vision
· Develop an overarching vision for OSI’s Comprehensive Care portfolio that aligns with the goals of the organization and its commitment to health system strengthening and service delivery.
· Develop and implement a 5-year strategic plan for the Comprehensive Care Department, utilizing existing overarching frameworks, that:
o Focus on the creation of specialty specific products to offer, increase and enhance Comprehensive Care opportunities.
o Consistently delivers ideas and tools to innovate they way Comprehensive Care is offered in short term and ongoing programs.
· Play a key role in the Comprehensive Care exchanges for the 40th anniversary concept.
Creation of Comprehensive Care Programs
· Review and rationalize OSI’s current portfolio of Comprehensive Care programs to align with existing OSI Comprehensive Care frameworks and OSI’s Global Standards of Care.
· Expand the suite of platforms, models and opportunities for Comprehensive Care delivery with Operation Smile and evolve resources specific to such platforms.
· Define and disseminate long-term engagement pathways for participants in OS’s Comprehensive Care Programs.
· Plan regional, and intl. forums to gain consensus and evolve Comprehensive Care initiatives.
Operational Responsibilities in Medical Oversight, Program Delivery and Logistics
· Lead RMOs in planning, coordination, evaluation and follow-up of medical programs globally.
· Ensure that any medical issues before, during and after any program are addressed and followed-up through to completion.
· Work with program leadership in matters related to safety of patients and volunteers.
· Ensure inclusion of medical expertise to better support projects and help achieve all programmatic and strategic goals.
· Work together with the head of logistics to ensure acquisition and management of medications, supplies and medical equipment.
· Guide World Care patient selection in alignment with available opportunities for care.
· Foster additional partnerships and knowledge enhancing the network of resources available for patient referral in the US.
Outcomes, Monitoring, and Evaluation
· Implement monitoring and evaluation processes to ensure efficiency of programs that integrate into the organization’s M&E strategy.
· Work closely with OS’s Research Department to ensure meaningful contributions to global surgery, comprehensive cleft care and humanitarian assistance.
· Ensure impact and outcomes of Comprehensive Care programs run by individual OS foundations are monitored and reported.
Safety and Quality Improvement
· Liaise with the Quality Dept to ensure all countries benefit from constructive and systematic review processes.
· Review all quality data and reports, and support the quality department on decisions and planning.
· Review and update safety protocols as needed to support patient safety and quality
· Review medical incidents as well as RMO and team leader response.
· Coordinate with appropriate members of the executive and management teams, the development of and/or revision of guidelines/pathways of short term programs, including but not limited to CL/CP, burns, disaster response, etc., as needed.
· Foster and cultivate relationships and partnerships with academic institutions, national accrediting bodies, ministries of health, and NGOs involved in delivering Comprehensive Care and capacity building to ensure efforts are coordinated and maximized.
· Facilitate international, regional, and local Comprehensive Care exchanges.
· Coordinate and manage field-based subject matter experts and consultants in the creation of Comprehensive Care and training programs.
· Supervise OSI Headquarter staff, in-country foundation staff, and other staff as required to implement OS Comprehensive Care strategies
· Collaborate with OSI’s Volunteer Management Department to:
o Recruit volunteers with Comprehensive Care experience
o Establish long-term volunteer engagement opportunities.
Ensure optimal utilization of volunteers in Comprehensive Care initiatives.
JOB SUMMARY: A unique opportunity to engage with Operation Smile (OS) as it enters into its fifth decade with a deep commitment to prioritize comprehensive cleft care through strengthening of interdisciplinary teams and health systems…