275 7th Avenue
275 Seventh Avenue
CancerCare’s New York City location seeks a full time Bilingual (Spanish) Licensed Master of Social Work to be responsible for delivering CancerCare’s free services to people whose lives are affected by cancer. The position is full time, Monday – Friday, 2 days 11 AM – 7 PM and 3 days 9 AM – 5 PM.
The Social Worker will be responsible for:
- Conducting face-to-face and telephone counseling with individuals, as well as face-to-face, telephone and online support groups;
- Providing immediate help and support to people with cancer and their loved ones contacting CancerCare via a national toll-free Hopeline;
- Addressing client needs by conducting a brief assessment to determine how the client is coping with cancer;
- Participating in local presentations, workshops, health fairs, fundraising and community events;
- Upholding the CancerCare brand and philosophy;
- Demonstrating a commitment and passion about the organization’s mission and goals.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work and Licensed Master of Social Work credential is required.
- A background in health, hospice or mental health settings delivering intervention to clients coping with chronic and acute life threatening illness as well as with the bereaved is required.
- Knowledge of medical and psychosocial aspects of cancer is preferred.
- A willingness to work with clients who are experiencing stress and trauma in their lives as a result of coping with chronic and life threatening illnesses.
- Highly organized with excellent analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal/communication skills, with the ability to write quickly, clearly and compellingly.
Excellent vacation and benefits and a lovely working environment.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Bilingual Spanish Required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to: Brian Tomlinson, Chief Program Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org; or, CancerCare, Attn: Brian Tomlinson, CancerCare, 275 Seventh Avenue, 22nd Floor, New York, NY 10001. CancerCare is an equal opportunity employer.